Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Website build problem

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

falkunmalti
Weather Station: Oregon Scientific WMR200
Operating System: Windows 10, Raspberry pi

Re: Website build problem

Post by falkunmalti »

HI PaulMy

Thanks for this very detailed reply which helps me to understand better how CumulusMX works. I actually manually Ftp'd the xxxT files to the website just in case (!). It did not seem right. Anyway, I am attaching a text file with my webFTP settings. The check marks did not render in the text file so they are all checked except Active FTP mode, Use SSL for FTP, Delete before upload, UTF encoding. It was easier doing it this way because of the large number of settings. I am also attaching a text file with my website settings.

I hope this will provide the information necessary to figure out my problem!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

I don't know anything about Pi and thought the actual Cumulus and FTP settings would be somewhat similar to PC set up.
The only difference I have in my settings is that I have ticked UTF-8 encoding. Not sure if using Active FTP mode or FTP rename would make any difference as not familiar with that at all.

You had provided a snipped of the FTP log, are you still getting those errors?

I presume at this point you are still just trying to get your standard Cumulus template files and gauges to work which I think you said had worked. Could you however, for a test, add in the Extra Web Files section a file to just FTP i.e. realtime.txt from your CumulusMX folder and set it at realtime interval so you can quickly see if it is working. Also turn on FTP logging and see what it says after the upload interval.

I don't recall you mentioning anything about what is in your MXDiags file. Perhaps in Station settings tick Data logging and between FTP logging and MXdiags see what is or insn't occurring - just suggesting anything that comes to my mind...

p.s. where are you located?

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
falkunmalti

Post by falkunmalti »

Hi
The installation on the pi is exactly the same as on windows and you will recall that prior to my computer crash, this did work. I checked the Mdiags file and it complains about the same thing as ftplog.txt, which is that realtime.txt and realtimegauges.txt are not found but they are there because I can see them! I am getting somewhere though. I unchecked ftp rename and now cumulus is depositing json files in /web and creating the htm files. So I manually uploaded the files and the website works but it does not update. The files in the local /web directory are not updating. You can check www.laferla.ca/weather and it shows weather for 16:45 whereas the time now is 17:36.

I am attaching a snippet from mdiags. Note the error message. It says that "weather/realtime.txt: no such file or directory. This implies that it cannot find the website to upload the file to. What do you think?

I am located in Prince Edward County, Ontario, Canada.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by falkunmalti on Wed 30 Jan 2019 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Code: Select all

Error uploading web/realtimegauges.txt to ...
Shouldn't the source file be web/realtimegaugesT.txt ?
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

falkunmalti wrote: Wed 30 Jan 2019 10:41 pmIt says that "weather/realtime.txt: no such file or directory. This implies that it cannot find the website to upload the file to. What do you think?
What it is saying is that the directory you are placed in when you log on with FTP does not contain a directory called weather. You could try logging on manually with a terminal window and see where you are placed when you log on by using the "PWD" command. You may well be being placed in the directory above where you think you are.
Freddie
falkunmalti

Post by falkunmalti »

Thanks Mark for your intervention. I was wondering why the xxxT files were not being used at all. As far as I know, all this happened automatically and the local /web directory does have the xxxT files in there but cumulus is attempting to upload the different files. And what about realtime.txt. The file does exist in the main Cumulus directory but I still get the error message.
PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

I was away for a while, and see some success...
http://www.laferla.ca/weather/realtime.txt
http://www.laferla.ca/weather/realtimegauges.txt
both being updated!

Can't see anything yet with http://www.laferla.ca/weather/index.htm
so some more work to be done.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
falkunmalti

Post by falkunmalti »

HI Paul

Good progress. I discovered that the directory was indeed wrong. After checking with my mail server guy, the top level directory is www.laferla.ca so I put www.laferla.ca/weather as the directory and things seem to be uploading now. Should be straightforward now. I'll post results.
falkunmalti

Post by falkunmalti »

Hi Paul

Well all is working well now. I would like to offer my deepest gratitude to you and others on the forum who offered tips to get me going. Too often, it takes a group effort to conclude something. I have learned a great deal during these few days. A little cleanup for the webpages now and I want to get the steelseries gauges working. Once again, thanks to all.

A final comment. I was a bit worried about the future of Cumulus when Steve decided to call it quits. Thanks to you Mark for taking up the banner and to allow Cumulus to continue to grow.

Joe
PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

You're very welcome, and great to seeing things current again!

Yes you need to look at the gauges and the trends pages. I can't think of anything at the moment other than to check your settings, and that you successfully uploaded all the contends of CumulusMX\webfiles folder.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
falkunmalti

Post by falkunmalti »

Hi Paul
Yes I notice that the gauges and trends pages are not populating. I have checked that the necessary files are indeed on the website and when I open trends.htm and gauges.htm manually all I get is the template stuff with no values filled in. I am going to do some more checks but I likely will come up empty. If so I will star another thread explaining the issue.
falkunmalti

Post by falkunmalti »

Problem fixed as you can see. Next I will be installing the steelseries gauges.
riyarathi
Weather Station: cumulus
Operating System: windows XP

Post by riyarathi »

Thanks for this post. I am facing same problem and here I got solution :clap: