Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

How do I import data from Cumulus 1.9.4 to MX 3.0.0 ?

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

mag
Weather Station: Fine Offset
Operating System: Win 10 Pro x64

How do I import data from Cumulus 1.9.4 to MX 3.0.0 ?

Post by mag »

I hade data saved from 2013 that I would like to imort into my new Cumulus MX 3.0.0.0 from my old Cumulus 1.9.4

Running Windows 10 Pro x64

How do I do that?
, can not fins any menu entries or tools for this.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: How do I import data from Cumulus 1.9.4 to MX 3.0.0 ?

Post by mcrossley »

If you are using the same locale settings for Date/Time and decimal place, then all you need to do is copy over your data folder from C1 to MX.

You may have to edit the *.ini files...

From the FAQ:
If you want to use your Cumulus 1 data with MX, and you use decimal commas, you will need to edit the .ini files to change the decimal commas into periods/full stops. The other data files will be OK.

You can copy your Cumulus.ini file too, but be aware you have to edit it before you start MX...

From the FAQ:
If you are using your 'old' Cumulus.ini file, make sure your 'ftp site' section is [FTP site] with 'site' in lower case

and you will need to change the NOAA file names in Cumulus.ini...
NOAA:

Code: Select all

MonthFileFormat='NOAAMO'MMyy'.txt'
YearFileFormat='NOAAYR'yyyy'.txt'
General process would be...
Stop C1.
Copy your Data folder and Cumulus.ini
Edit as above.
Start MX.

And with a following wind/breeze you should be where you left off with C1.
You can always stop MX and go back to C1 as long as the logger data hasn't wrapped around.
mag

Post by mag »

I think we are talking about different things. :?:

In my old Cumulus data directory I have a lot of files with the name mmYYlog.txt (for example jan13log.txt)
And in the new Cumulus MX data directory there is a database names cumulusmx.db and diary.db (I presume that it in these two the data is stored).
How do I import all my txt data files into the database?

When I try toconnect to the mySql with MySql Workbench 127.0.0.1:3306 I get an error (see attached picture).
(Tried with username user, can not find any references how to acces this database)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mag

Post by mag »

Aha, think I solved it :-) :mrgreen:

The .db files that are located in the data directory is not in use and they are in SqLite database format.

All I haved to do is to copy alla my .txt data files (and combine the latest of them),
then copy or edit the alltimelog.txt, month.ini, monthyalltime.ini, year.ini files to get all records and so on into Cumulus Mx.
And also in Cumulus.ini file edit the Startdate entry.

Did I miss anything ?
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Yep, you've got the idea. You just copy the data files over - keep your originals in the C1 folder as backup so you can go back it if need be.

Edit the ini files in Data\

In Cumulus.ini you don't need o change the start date - your data is exactly the same, so the start date is the same. You do need to make the changes I outlined above though.

The db files in data are for future use - though the diary db is now used in the latest releases.