Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

MX build 3044 - twitter uploads

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

MX build 3044 - twitter uploads

Post by freddie »

Since upgrading to build 3044, my Twitter uploads look like this:

Code: Select all

1600+UTC%3A+Wind+N+0.0+kts.+Temp+7.9+C+(max+09-09+8.7+C+at+13%3A54%2C+min+09-09+5.3+C+at+09%3A00)%2C+Dew+pt+5.9+C.+Bar+1028.65+hPa%2C+Falling+slowly.+Rain+last+hour+0.0+mm+(rain+09-09+0.0+mm)+%23ukweather%0A
Is it some sort of URL encoding issue?
Freddie
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: MX build 3044 - twitter uploads

Post by mcrossley »

Ah, yes. I added URL encoding to b3044 because MX itself sends the text as a URL and some people had issues with extended characters causing messages to not be sent. Sorry I couldn't test this as I fall into the large group of people who cannot use the MX twitter feature anymore :(
If you need the Twitter feed please revert to b3043 for now.

I'll back the change out for the next build. I'm not sure what to do about twitter, as the current implementation is broken for all new users, and anyone who loses their auth keys cannot renew them either. Switching to the new API is an option I guess, but I know Steve got fed up trying to keep up with their constant API changes.
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

No worries Mark, I was just highlighting it. I fall into that large group too - I get one or two tweets going through on one day and then go a week without any going through.

I'll wait for the next build - and read up on the new API in the meantime.
Freddie
ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Post by ConligWX »

Maybe percentage symbol? I ran into this using Meteobridge.

The standard % didnt work

but these two do:

Code: Select all

% ﹪
dont know if they will help in Cumulus, but might..
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir •

ExperiMentor
Weather Station: Fine Offset & Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10; Raspbian Buster

Post by ExperiMentor »

mcrossley wrote: Tue 11 Dec 2018 12:10 am I'm not sure what to do about twitter,
Whatever you do, don't remove the production of the tweetable text. Once we have the text string, there are fairly easy workarounds such as viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16099#p131775 .

Basically, it was unfortunately a mistake for Steve to have tried to have all users using his personal Twitter App, as that is overloading the now-reduced number of tweets/day Twitter allows. Each user should set up their own Twitter App (it's easy) then they'll never overload it.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

You can always create your own Twitter file. Just have Cumulus process a text file with some tags in it. Of course you wouldn't have the custom interval, but that can be solved via an external task or by having Cumulus call a script at each update interval that only tweets at set intervals.

Guess I'm saying that even if Twitter was removed from Cumulus completely it wouldn't mean the end of tweets.
ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Post by ConligWX »

if you send data to weathercloud, then weathercloud can upload content for you to twitter too.
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir •