Welcome to the new home of the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3044 7 December 2018. See the Wiki for download

Twitter update not working right

Discussion of version 3 of Cumulus, which runs on Windows, Linux, and OS X. All Cumulus MX queries in here, please.

Moderator: mcrossley

scoobs
Weather Station: WH3080
Operating System: Win XP SP3

Twitter update not working right

Post by scoobs » Sat 27 Oct 2018 8:49 am

Something has changed and it isn't uploading like it was used to be once every 65 mins , but it isn't doing it now I've restarted and same issue.

Any ideas? I guess twitter has changed something

freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: GNU/Linux (Ubuntu 18.04)

Re: Twitter update not working right

Post by freddie » Sat 27 Oct 2018 9:50 am

scoobs wrote:Something has changed and it isn't uploading like it was used to be once every 65 mins , but it isn't doing it now I've restarted and same issue.
Twitter are now enforcing their tweet limits more rigorously - both on a per-user and a per-application basis. As all our Cumulus tweets come from the same application, then the limit is reached easily.
I am looking at putting a script together to try and get around the per-application limit. Their API is quite easy to follow so it shouldn't take too much effort.
Freddie

scoobs
Weather Station: WH3080
Operating System: Win XP SP3

Re: Twitter update not working right

Post by scoobs » Sat 27 Oct 2018 12:08 pm

freddie wrote:
scoobs wrote:Something has changed and it isn't uploading like it was used to be once every 65 mins , but it isn't doing it now I've restarted and same issue.
Twitter are now enforcing their tweet limits more rigorously - both on a per-user and a per-application basis. As all our Cumulus tweets come from the same application, then the limit is reached easily.
I am looking at putting a script together to try and get around the per-application limit. Their API is quite easy to follow so it shouldn't take too much effort.
Sounds good