Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

No data from console to Cumulus MX

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

picmanjoe
Weather Station: Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10

No data from console to Cumulus MX

Post by picmanjoe »

Hi Folks,

Just downloaded and started Cumulux MX on my Windows 10 machine. When I start it it says it's connected to the station, then it says it's downloading archive data, then says "PM Normal running." I assume that means Cumulus is reading data from my Vantage Vue console. However, when I connect to the console on the browser, I get nothing but zeroes on all the dials. Temp, humidity, wind, etc. All zeroes. I've gone through the wiki, FAQ, and boards and can't find anything applicable to my situation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. mxdiags.zip attached. FYI, I have wunderground data transfer enabled as well, but nothing is being sent to wunderground either.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: No data from console to Cumulus MX

Post by steve »

Please attach the mxdiags.
Steve
picmanjoe

Post by picmanjoe »

Apologies. Attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

I can't look at this in detail right now as I am on holiday, but it looks like it's having trouble communicating with the console. You're not trying to run any other software with the station at the same time, are you?
Steve
picmanjoe

Post by picmanjoe »

No worries, Steve. I've emailed Davis to delete my weatherlink 1.0 account so I can start using 2.0, and I have logged into weatherlink via the web in a couple of times to check my settings and account at the same time as I've had Cumulus running. I'll restart MX and my browser and refrain from logging in to weatherlink for the time being. I'll let you know how it goes.
picmanjoe

Post by picmanjoe »

Ran it for a couple of hours with nothing else running. Same result. Had debug and data logging checked. The last file in the attached mxdiags folder is the one where they were active.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

It’s just sending back the same six characters regardless of the command Cumulus sends.

<lf> <cr> OK <lf> <cr>

The response OK is part of the protocol, but I can’t remember exactly when it’s used. It’s not what Cumulus is expecting.
Steve