Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Win10, auto restart MX?

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

Chapel
Weather Station: Instromet
Operating System: Raspbian

Win10, auto restart MX?

Post by Chapel »

MX seems to have stopped at around 19:05 this evening, I spotted it some 3 hours later and restarted it as normal, the data logger did its thing and the missing data was uploaded to the site however it set me thinking. Long term on I plan on moving to a Pi however until then it would be good to have some form of watchdog keeping an eye on MX and restarting it if fails for any reason so is it possible to run MX as a service or has anyone looked at a script to keep an eye on the process and restart it if needed?

I suspect the Windows box will need restarting weekly as well, it is an oldish Dell laptop and has been a workshop machine for some 5 years before being pressed into service for this use.

Thought anyone?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...
nicksnet
Weather Station: davis vantage pro2 inc FARS.
Operating System: windows 10

Re: Win10, auto restart MX?

Post by nicksnet »

Hi,

I use StartWatch, available on free download, and it will start any program after windows has loaded, and restart any programs which stop running. Just follow the instructions and read any readme files that come within the download package.

Happy Starting.....

Nick. dw7240.com
ImageImage
Chapel

Post by Chapel »

That looks perfect, thank you :)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...
Chapel

Post by Chapel »

Can you confirm you have startwatch working with CuMX? I am not having any luck on my Win10 box.
/d