Welcome to the new home of the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See the Wiki for download

Win10, auto restart MX?

Discussion of version 3 of Cumulus, which runs on Windows, Linux, and OS X. All Cumulus MX queries in here, please.
Chapel
Weather Station: Instromet
Operating System: Win10

Win10, auto restart MX?

Post by Chapel » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:29 pm

MX seems to have stopped at around 19:05 this evening, I spotted it some 3 hours later and restarted it as normal, the data logger did its thing and the missing data was uploaded to the site however it set me thinking. Long term on I plan on moving to a Pi however until then it would be good to have some form of watchdog keeping an eye on MX and restarting it if fails for any reason so is it possible to run MX as a service or has anyone looked at a script to keep an eye on the process and restart it if needed?

I suspect the Windows box will need restarting weekly as well, it is an oldish Dell laptop and has been a workshop machine for some 5 years before being pressed into service for this use.

Thought anyone?

nicksnet
Weather Station: davis vantage pro2 inc FARS.
Operating System: windows 10

Re: Win10, auto restart MX?

Post by nicksnet » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:52 am

Hi,

I use StartWatch, available on free download, and it will start any program after windows has loaded, and restart any programs which stop running. Just follow the instructions and read any readme files that come within the download package.

Happy Starting.....

Nick. dw7240.com
ImageImage

Chapel

Post by Chapel » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:51 am

That looks perfect, thank you :)

Chapel

Post by Chapel » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:55 am

Can you confirm you have startwatch working with CuMX? I am not having any luck on my Win10 box.