Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Problem with degrees symbol

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Re: Problem with degrees symbol

Post by Mapantz »

I just don't get how it works when Cumulus isn't processing the file? As soon as I start it again, the weird chars appear.

Another route I tried; I don't have UTF-8 checked in CMX, stopped the processing. Opened up the text files and saved them as ANSI and the degrees symbol works. I started the processing again, and the file was converted back to UTF8 even though I don't have it enabled. The ipcamT.txt stays as ANSI while the outputted file is UTF8. I cannot keep them both in ANSI.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Mapantz wrote:I started the processing again, and the file was converted back to UTF8 even though I don't have it enabled. The ipcamT.txt stays as ANSI while the outputted file is UTF8. I cannot keep them both in ANSI.
See my previous post.
Steve
Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Post by Mapantz »

steve wrote: because I seem to remember that due to some issue with a third party component, the utf-8 setting is either on or off for all files.
Then why is there options for UTF8 to be turned on or off in Extra web files? :D
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Because I didn’t know that’s how the third party component worked when I wrote the code.
Steve
SteveFitz1
Weather Station: Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by SteveFitz1 »

I've been using Cumulus V1 to create a text file for use by IPTimeLapse for over a year now and it works great. In my "template" file, I create the decimal symbol with ALT-0176 and save the file as ANSI. I let Cumulus V1 process the file and uncheck the UTF-8 box for this file on the FILES tab of the Internet Settings page. The end result is that the decimal symbol is still correct after processing and the file remains in ANSI format which is what I want. It does not get converted to UTF-8.

Steve