Welcome to the new home of the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release v3.0.0 build 3046 - 02 January 2019. See the Wiki for download

JSON time stamps exactly three years out

Discussion of version 3 of Cumulus, which runs on Windows, Linux, and OS X. All Cumulus MX queries in here, please.

Moderator: mcrossley

gw4bvy
Weather Station: Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows7 & Raspian

JSON time stamps exactly three years out

Post by gw4bvy » Sun 29 Apr 2018 6:48 pm

This may be self inflicted as I have recently had to edit datafiles due to a Vantage Vue wobbly.
But while everything else now works again, the Daily Temp and Daily Rain Graphs are incorrect. Irrespective of the number of days chosen in settings, both graphs show all of the station data ( now 11 months worth ) and the X axis reads Jan 20 to Dec 20.
I have looked at the data in the dailyrain.json and dailtytemp.json files and the time stamps are all exactly three years (large number of milliseconds) in the future.
As these files are automatically produced, there is obviously something causing this time offset. Any ideas/ suggestions would be welcomed!
TIA
Roger

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: JSON time stamps exactly three years out

Post by steve » Sun 29 Apr 2018 7:28 pm

My guess would be that in editing the data file(sj you have changed the format of the dates from the expected format (dd/mm/yy), possibly as a result of using something like Excel to do the editing.
Steve

gw4bvy
Weather Station: Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows7 & Raspian

Re: JSON time stamps exactly three years out

Post by gw4bvy » Mon 30 Apr 2018 8:04 am

Hi Steve
Thanks for the prompt reply. Correct !! On investigation the format of the dates in the dayfile.txt file had been changed by Excel to dd/mm/yyyy,
Brilliant - I could have spent the rest of my life trying to spot this one.
Thanks again
Roger