Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Updating from Cumulus 1 to CumulusMX

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

geoffw
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10

Updating from Cumulus 1 to CumulusMX

Post by geoffw »

After months of my favourite weather station software getting less and less reliable and not finding an answer, I decided it was time to leave Cumulus 1.9 & take the plunge with MX or find something else. Well, it has been an up and down week as I move the data from June 2009 to MX followed by restoring my website and finally getting the webcam working again. Fingers crossed I seem to have managed it. I had considerable difficulties with the webcam and IP addresses, with the browser interface stubbornly losing contact with its data for long periods a couple 'agonising' of times.

However, I managed (not always sure how exactly) to solve most of the glitches, and it has to be said the Cumulus Console has worked a treat all the way through. It has not once lost contact with the weather station or mangled the data since it took over from Cumulus 1.9.

All I have to do now is to hunt down some rogue record readings and work out how one edits the Dayfile.text file and the records. You used to be able to do that within Cumulus 1.9, but I can't find that feature in the current interface.

http://www.winterman.org.uk/weather/
Geoff
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Re: Updating from Cumulus 1 to CumulusMX

Post by sfws »

Cumulux MX does not have log file editor. The Wiki FAQ does give lots of guidance re rogue values, otherwise see exchanges in other topics on this forum.
geoffw
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by geoffw »

I suspected this was the case!
Geoff
Hodji82
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
Operating System: Windows 7 64bit

Post by Hodji82 »

Hello geoffw!
Can you help me out with info about what i need to change when going from Cumulus 1 to CumulusMX,
I do not understand witch files i need to edit and so on, i can read from cumulus wiki page that some need to be changed.

"If you use non-English settings, comma decimals etc, you will experience problems on Linux/OS X with Mono version 3.2.8 (e.g. on Raspberry Pi). But see the item further down about incompatible Mono versions
If you want to use your Cumulus 1 data with MX, and you use decimal commas, you will need to edit the .ini files to change the decimal commas into periods/full stops. The other data files will be OK.
If you are trying to use your Cumulus.ini file from Cumulus 1, you will need to make sure it doesn't contain any non-ASCII characters"

But witch files is needed to be edit and what dates??