Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Monthly log file - problem uploading

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

Graham64
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Windows XP

Monthly log file - problem uploading

Post by Graham64 »

I want to automatically upload the monthly log file to my mySQL database but because I don't have a fixed IP address. I am trying to FTP it with a PHP program that also works out the file name from the date.
I have a Raspberry PI with CumulusMX running on an SSD that is formatted as ntfs.
I can not get the PHP program to upload the monthly log file from the data directory on the SSD, I get an error saying 'Permission denied'. I think it is a file permissions problem but I can not change the permissions on the SSD because it is ntfs.
If I copy the file to the Pi's SD card and change the permissions, the PHP program successfully uploads the file.
My questions are:
Shall I change the format of the SSD to Ext4 (say) and then the permissions will be OK?
What permissions does CumulusMX give to the monthly log file?
Is there a better way of uploading the monthly log files if the IP address is dynamic?

Thanks for any help - I am working at the limits of my Linux knowledge - but learning fast!
ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Re: Monthly log file - problem uploading

Post by ConligWX »

is the monthly file in use? what happens is you stop cumulus and try to upload?

or maybe upload using

"sudo" before the command to give it enhanced privileges
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir • CumulusMX v4.0.0