Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

weather underground missing data due to internet problem

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

pdamigos
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10, Linux

weather underground missing data due to internet problem

Post by pdamigos »

Hello,

I am using cumulus MX and uploads data to weather underground. During August (vacation period) the internet connection was lost.
The WU informed me via email that the station is offline.
When I came back, I reboot the modem router and the connection was up again.
But the the WU now has a gap of 10 days with no data. Is this normal? Should cumulus upload the missing data? I checked the logs and there were records of upload errors due to no internet. I thought that cumulus would upload the data for all those days with no internet.

Thank you.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: weather underground missing data due to internet problem

Post by steve »

Cumulus uploads data retrospectively to WU which it downloads from the station logger to cover a period when it was not running. It does not upload data retrospectively for periods where it was running but the internet was not available.
Steve
Herbaldew
Weather Station: VP2+
Operating System: Raspberry Pi OS (64-bit)

Re: weather underground missing data due to internet problem

Post by Herbaldew »

This is too late to help you with this instance unless you happen to use WeatherLink also...but for future use as a backup I'll post it anyway.

I use Cumulus MX for monitoring my system and Meteobridge for uploading to WU. I use WeatherLink only for a backup. I fire it up occasionally only to download the data.

I have had Meteobridge malfunction and not upload to WU a couple times in the past. After that happens...turn off Cumulus MX (my case Meteobridge) uploading then use WeatherLink's feature of being able to upload the period you specify, then restart your Cumulus MX uploading and WU is caught up.