Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus MX on a Pi 3

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

desduf
Weather Station: Malplin wireles
Operating System: rasberry pi

Cumulus MX on a Pi 3

Post by desduf »

Hi everyone. I am new here with no experience with Pi 3. Just have used Cumulus 1 so far without any problems. As I was given a Pi 3 for a father's day gift. I thought I should make use of it. I think I have installed all the necessary software's. Have copied Cumulus MX to my home folder on the Pi 3. But when I run the command sudo mono Cumulus MX.exe I get the result cannot open assembly 'Cumulus MX.exe' : No such file or directory. Any help would be appreciated. Desmond
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: Cumulus MX on a Pi 3

Post by water01 »

Try installing and running this script https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... 67#p107130

It will check permissions and that the install is correct, and is very useful for sorting out problems, plus it has a good set of install instructions.
David
Herbaldew
Weather Station: VP2+
Operating System: Raspberry Pi OS (64-bit)

Post by Herbaldew »

desduf wrote:I think I have installed all the necessary software's.
Did you install Mono?

With both Jessie and now Stretch, Mono is the only extra software needed to run Cumulus MX.

To install:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install mono-complete
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Have you changed directory to the Cumulus directory before issuing the command?
Steve
desduf

Post by desduf »

Hi again yes I have installed mono. On my main folder screen I can see /home/pi/CumulusMX.
I had thought it was because I did not change directory. But on cd /CumulusMX I still get no such file or directory. I did try run the script viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13767#p107130, I get command not found. I am sure it something simple, but I'am at loss. Desmond
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

After you have changed to the /home/pi/CumulusMX directory, please show the result of the commands 'pwd' and 'ls -al'
Steve
desduf

Post by desduf »

Hi Steve learning fast - managed to get it to run as shown in the attached pic but not sure what I should be seeing. No displays? I feel stupid las time I did any type of programing was the old sx81 :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BigOkie
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus
Operating System: Raspian Buster (RPi 3b)

Post by BigOkie »

desduf wrote:Hi Steve learning fast - managed to get it to run as shown in the attached pic but not sure what I should be seeing. No displays? I feel stupid las time I did any type of programing was the old sx81 :)
That looks correct...you'll need to set the station type and the station port (Pi3 doesn't use COM; it will likely be something like /dev/ttyUSB0 or the like).

The script mentioned earlier is a good one to use as it will run CMX more or less as a service and not tie the terminal up as CMX does in raw command line mode.

And there is no on screen display as you would have been used to in Cumulus 1.x.x, In order to see the station output (and as well to set it up) you need to use your web browser and browse to http://computername:8998 where computername is the name of your pi (it appears in this case to be raspberrypi so try http://raspberrypi:8998).
stormiday
Weather Station: PCE FWS 20
Operating System: Raspberry PI 3

Post by stormiday »

Hi all.

I have tre same issue when I switch on the system. The R PI never connect with my PCE station, I have always the same message "Fine Offset station not found" and I think the problem is wrong communication port.
I also did the installation of the library libudev.so.0 but still the same issue...
I checked Cumulus.ini and there is a communication setting and is setted to COM0. I think this is the problem.

When I type sudo mono CumulusMX.exe I have the response below. We can see one message "Not supported". I dont's have any idea about what is talking about but I think this is not good.

Can somebody help please?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.