Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

WMR100 - RasberryPi 3 - Data stops

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

sutne
Weather Station: HP2553 (WS80) and HP2564 (WS90)
Operating System: Raspbian Bullseye and Bookworm

WMR100 - RasberryPi 3 - Data stops

Post by sutne »

I used to run WMR100 and Cumulus1 on an old Window XP laptop, but it was many problems with the laptop. The weather station is in a cabin in the mountains so I only visit it a couple of times per month. The Raspberry is much more stable and starts up again after power cuts (which happens regularly).
But sometimes the data from the WMR100 stops. This did not happen with the previous setup. And it is the WMR that hangs because the only way to restart the communication is a full reset of the WMR. But could it be the Raspberry or the CumulusMX software that initialise these stops?
I have finally managed to log this happening but I am not sure Steve (or somebody) can find out anything from the log file. Last incident happened
June 12 at 06:12. There is always a lot of Time-Outs.
I have now installed a powered HUB between the WMR and the Raspberry and maybe this will help. I see Time-outs in the log file after the HUB was installed.
The log file is edited because it was bigger than 5MB.
20170610-090932.txt.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: WMR100 - RasberryPi 3 - Data stops

Post by steve »

All I can say from the log is that MX stopped receiving data. It's difficult to see how MX could be the cause of the problem, as it only reads from the device. Perhaps the powered hub will help. Note that the timeouts are part of the normal reading of data.
Steve
sutne
Weather Station: HP2553 (WS80) and HP2564 (WS90)
Operating System: Raspbian Bullseye and Bookworm

Re: WMR100 - RasberryPi 3 - Data stops

Post by sutne »

Thank you, Steve.

I hope the Hub could solve the problem, I cannot go up there until August.

If not, the question is: will a Davis Vue be the solution? I will not have a Mac or laptop to control the Weatherlink, so will it be stable with a third party data logger and the Raspberry?
Has anybody good experience with this?