Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus database table "Realtime" is blank

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

bajowar
Weather Station: WS 1080
Operating System: Windows 10/ RaspBerry Pi2

Cumulus database table "Realtime" is blank

Post by bajowar »

Help! Cumulus database table "Realtime" is blank.
After this table became very large I have foolishly emptied it about 4 weeks ago. No new data has been entered since this time. How can I fix this?
jlmr731
Weather Station: Davis vantage pro 2
Operating System: Debian

Re: Cumulus database table "Realtime" is blank

Post by jlmr731 »

Did you restart cumulus MX after you emptied data? You may need to restart MX and also MYSQL.
Is the table and structure still there? if not you may be able to run the create realtime database in the MX dashboard.
Have you looked at the MX diag logs? See what errors are being recorded
bajowar

Post by bajowar »

CumulusMX and MySQL are restarted. The table and the structure are available. The current MX Diag log I have attached in the attachment. How can I run the realtime database in the MX dashboard?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jlmr731
Weather Station: Davis vantage pro 2
Operating System: Debian

Post by jlmr731 »

Get to your MX dashboard, ip address of your system running MX at port 8998 so http://ipaddress:8998
Then under setting menu you will see MYSQL go there and first make sure under realtime it is enabled.
It looks like your monthly tables are being updated so your server setting should be fine.
If your realtime is checked then maybe drop your realtime table from your database (if it is still empty or rename if there is some data in it) and you will see on the bottom of that page create realtime database and try that and see if it creates all the tables. (may have to restart MX again)

Hopefully that should fix it.
also if you can look back at the mxdiag files at the date when this all stopped working there maybe some error as to why, when you dumped all the data.

I did see you have realtime at 30 sec interval maybe set at 60 sec if your worried about the size of the table (just a thought)
bajowar

Post by bajowar »

Thank you, Jeff.
Now it works fine and i have changed the realtime interval at 60 sec.
bajowar

Post by bajowar »

i want to know: For which purpose the table "realtime" is actually required?