Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Raspberry Pi Install

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

myideal
Weather Station: Maplin
Operating System: Win7, Ubuntu , pi

Raspberry Pi Install

Post by myideal »

Hi,

I have used this on Windows in the past, however like the idea of using on a Pi.

I have a 1st edition of the Pi and am just wondering if anyone has like a step by step tutorial on how to get this going and installed on the Pi? Think that would be really useful.

Can the pi actually also be setup to become some mini web server as well, or is that pushing it? Just guessing the load on it wouldn't be that high.
Steepleian
Weather Station: WH2650
Operating System: Debian 9

Re: Raspberry Pi Install

Post by Steepleian »

It certainly is possible to run Cumulus and a Webserver on a Raspberry Pi, however it mighl be pushing it on a first edition Pi. I am running CumulusMX, Lighttpd (Webserver), a webcam, external USB drive and assembling a time lapse all on a Pi2 ModelB simultaneously. The most important thing is to make sure you have a good power supply and your USB ports set to maximum power. Using the official Raspberry power supply or equivalent spec would be a good place to start.

There is a mass of imformation in this Forum on how to set everything up and some great expertise to help out if and when you get stuck. I myself have benefitted on many occasion.

Steepleian
myideal

Post by myideal »

Thanks.

Two questions from your initial reply.

What image are you using on your pi as the os?

How do I ensure / change power to USB ports on a pi?
Steepleian
Weather Station: WH2650
Operating System: Debian 9

Post by Steepleian »

I am using Jessie lite as my OS.

Here is a link to help you with maximising your USB ports although I not so sure that it will work with a first gen Pi.
https://www.hackster.io/idreams/boost-u ... -pi-a1531d
Steepleian
myideal

Post by myideal »

Yes pi 1 doesn't seem to want to play ball as such, think I'll have to get a new more recent version of the pi.

Just popped this on my Windows machine and it isn't bad at all, it certainly works and I'm impressed. Only issue I seem to be having is that the auto FTP doesn't seem to be doing anything - even though I've typed in my external servers FTP details.

This something that is known about or am i doing something obviously wrong?
VTHokie74
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Rasbian

Post by VTHokie74 »

Did you restart CumulusMX. I found some changes require a restart. I assume you uploaded the correct files.
Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2/CumulusMX/Raspberry Pi 3
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

You may have a Directory path problem. See this Wiki article http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/FAQ#Direct ... ems_in_FTP.

If it is not that in that article is how to switch on FTP logging and look at the output from the FTP process so you can troubleshoot it.
David