Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Exporting data from cumulus

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

Jonathan Jefferies
Weather Station: Instromet
Operating System: Raspberry pi

Exporting data from cumulus

Post by Jonathan Jefferies »

Hi

I need to export data from cumulus mx to an office program like what i have, open office. I need to compare and overlay the temperature readings from cumulus files to my calibrated logger files to compare. How can i export the data into a file in my documents on my pc or again office program.

Many thanks
Check out raundsweather.co.uk my weather website
NeilThomas
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Raspberry Pi 4

Re: Exporting data from cumulus

Post by NeilThomas »

Hi

You should be able to set up any line of tags separated by commas, (or other separator) and then simply get Cumulus to process the file at the required interval. You will need to provide a destination file name (local to the machine) but then simply don't opt to ftp it to a remote server.

The only issue you then have is that this file will be over written each time Cumulus processes it. You will need to write, or have written, a program, batch file or script to copy and append this to a master file. Of course, if you are only processing end of day data then you have plenty of time to manually load it into open office, adding it to existing data.

Hope that helps. I use this technique to get local backups of realtime data.

Neil
Neil Thomas
website: weather.oaktreewebs.co.uk | Davis Vantage Pro II | CumulusMX, Raspberry Pi 4 | MX V4 build 4010
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Just to add that the Cumulus log files are in CSV format, so copies can be directly imported into a spreadsheet.
Steve
Jonathan Jefferies
Weather Station: Instromet
Operating System: Raspberry pi

Post by Jonathan Jefferies »

Great thank you for the information. I will give it a try and see how i go when ive got time.

Thanks again.
Check out raundsweather.co.uk my weather website