Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Windows 10 issues

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

gappell
Weather Station: Weatherwise Solar Pro
Operating System: Windows 7

Windows 10 issues

Post by gappell »

I have been using Cumulus for some time with a Davis Vantage Vue system uploading data to Weather Underground. The upgrade to Windows 10 has created some reboot problems following a BUGCHECK that I suspect may have something to do with the old Cumulus software. I attempted to upgrade to the MX version but had the following problem upon running the exe file is shown in the attached png file. I have followed the installation instructions with the MX installed in the Cumulus directory. I would appreciate any suggestions or advice.

Jerry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BigOkie
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus
Operating System: Raspian Buster (RPi 3b)

Re: Windows 10 issues

Post by BigOkie »

Station type not set.

You will need to set that in the Settings > Station Settings menu of CumulusMX. It's the very first option.
gappell

Post by gappell »

The program does not run so I cannot enter any configuration data and that message posted is when I run the exe in administrator mode.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

According to your screen shot, it is running, and is waiting for you to configure it using your browser. Have you read the instructions and understood how the user interface in MX works?
Steve
gappell

Post by gappell »

OK, I dug further in the instructions and found that I needed to start MX in my Chrome browser. I then went to the configuration and entered data as in my cumulus file. It apparently does not read the old cumulus file perhaps because it is in a sub directory.

I am using a USB connection from my Davis logger to my computer but I configured as serial as per the cumulus file. I am not receiving any data and not sure what to change. Any suggestions?

Jerry
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Have you configured the serial port correctly in MX and restarted MX? You may need to install the latest Silabs driver as you are now running Windows 10 - there is a FAQ about Davis USB loggers which may help. Does the virtual serial port appear in device manager?
Steve
gappell

Post by gappell »

Thanks for all your help! This stuff is a little over my head so it is a bit off a learning curve.
The Silabs driver is installed and is com3 and the MX is set up for com3. I have restarted but still no data.

I assume I have to run the exe file in administrative mode and then launch MX in a browser and also use that window to shut MX down. Do I need to restart my computer?

Jerry
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

You shouldn't need to restart your computer. Selecting the correct station type and com port, and then restarting the MX 'engine' (the program that runs in the command window) should normally get data flowing, unless there's some problem communicating with the station. If you zip up the MX diags folder and attach it to a reply in this thread, I'll take a look.
Steve
gappell

Post by gappell »

Diags.zip is attached.
Jerry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

2017-01-09 13:02:36.230 Access to the port 'COM3' is denied.

If you're running MX as administrator, it's unlikely to be a permissions problem. Perhaps some other program is already connected to the com port?
Steve
gappell

Post by gappell »

Steve,

I just cleared my desktop and restarted MX, opened my browser and started MX and everything is now working. No explanation!

Thanks again,
Jerry