Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Where is Cumulus Download

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

jandrew
Weather Station: WH1090
Operating System: Windows 7

Where is Cumulus Download

Post by jandrew »

Am I being thick, slow, blind or what?
I feel as if I am looking for a needle in a haystack - when, I'm sure, it's a redwood in an herbaceous border.

BUT - where are the download files for Cumulus MX ?
jandrew

jandrew

Re: Where is Cumulus Download

Post by jandrew »

Found it - thanks.

It is at the foot of page 3 of the topic. :bash:

Perhaps I have my forum parameters set up in an unusual way (I have the latest post at the top) - but I would have thought that the download link would be found more easily if it were at the TOP of the topic (or in some "always visible" place).

However, got it now. "All's well that ends well." :D
jandrew

mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

It's at the end of the first post in the download thread?
jandrew

Post by jandrew »

OK

I have my options set so that I get only new posts since my last log-on.
Then each Topic, etc. is posted in reverse time order so that I see the latest posts at the top.
This may be unusual, but I suspect that there are many members who do this in the same way as I do

The order of posts which I get, therefore, put the oldest (first) post at the bottom of the topic - perhaps several pages away, out of sight.

My suggestion, FWIIW, is that important clicks - like the software download - might be so placed that members see it at the top of the screen/topic/page/sidebar.
That would, for example, have saved me a lot of time searching before I started this topic.

I will now change my options so that the posts are in time order and see whether that is as effective in keeping me up to date without unnecessary re-reading of old posts.
jandrew

mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

I keep them in time order, there is always a link to take you to the first unread post of the thread.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

The relevant post is an 'announcement' so should always appear at the top of the list of topics when you select the Cumulus MX section. Does that not happen with some settings?

I'll look into changing the 'news' box at the top so it links to the post.
Steve
jandrew

Post by jandrew »

Its very easy to find the topic heading.
All the posts in the topic are in reverse time/date order when I have my options set as below.
So the first, important post is at the foot of 3 or 4 pages of subsequent posts.
I set up my options like this so that I get an immediate view of all posts since my last visit without going through posts which I have previously read.
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jandrew

steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

It's odd that PHPBB doesn't always display the announcement posts first, regardless of settings. Perhaps this is why some people clearly don't read the posts in the announcements topic!

Personally, I click on the 'unread' button when I visit the forum, so I only ever see threads with new posts. I read all posts (quickly skimming some if they don't need my attention) so this works for me. I guess 'mark all read' before leaving the forum would also work if you don't read all posts.

Very few people seem to have had problems finding the MX download (it is admittedly not trivially easy to find in an attempt to make people read the instructions etc), but as promised I've added a link in the 'news' box.
Steve
jandrew

Post by jandrew »

I suppose that the problem is that there are so many different ways of setting up the forum to match personal preferences.
Your new link in the header points to the topic which is very helpful (it would have helped me). Thank you. :D
I suspect that a link to the actual first post in the topic would have been good too.
https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... 30#p101008
jandrew

steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Already done while you were typing.
Steve