Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

error help

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

ternzer
Weather Station: davis vp2
Operating System: whs 2011

error help

Post by ternzer »

Love the software but lately i have been having more crashes. The problem is it doesn't crash it just flat-lines the data and keeps feeding it to my site and weather sites based on the last set of readings. I did some searching and saw a post to turn off the weatherlink upload and set the cumulus pause to 0. I don't upload to the davis site so I just turned it off through the web interface.
Can someone please review the error below and help me fix it. I have a Davis VP2 with the weatherlinkip logger. I used to get the crash once a month now I am getting it nearly every week. I am currently using build 3041 on windows server.
If it helps I can also zip and add the MXdiag folder.
Thanks for the help
Ternzer - troy

Code: Select all

3:52:32 PM Normal running
System.IO.IOException: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An exis
ting connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.
SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, So
cketFlags socketFlags)
   at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32
size)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
size)
   at ?.?(TcpClient ?, String ?) in C:\Users\steve\RiderProjects\CumulusMX\Cumul
usMX\DavisStation.cs:line 673
   at ?.?() in C:\Users\steve\RiderProjects\CumulusMX\CumulusMX\DavisStation.cs:
line 563
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionCo
ntext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, C
ontextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
ontextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
**** An error has occurred - please zip up the MXdiags folder and post it in the
 forum ****
Press Enter to terminate
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: error help

Post by steve »

I can't tell you any more than it says there - the remote end is disconnecting.
Steve
ternzer

Post by ternzer »

thanks Steve but Im not real sure what that means. Is it something internal on my network that could cause this?

I noticed that davis updated the logger firmware in august. Ill try that first and report back.

New Version 1.1.2
- Fixed DNS issue. With this upgrade WeatherLinkIP will revert back to the primary DNS following an internet connection failure.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

When I've seen that error before it's been down to the WLIP disconnecting because it wants to upload to wl.com but you say you've turned that off, so I don't know what the cause of the disconnect is.
Steve
ternzer

Post by ternzer »

thanks. your info helped and I figured it out. I had my router set to re-boot every 5 days. The down time was causing it to time out. I turned off the reboot and it hasnt error out since.
ternzer

Post by ternzer »

Steve,

is there anything i can do to keep it from timing out when it looses a connection for a brief time? it even happens if our internet goes down for 5 minutes. Or is there something i can do to get it to re-connect? the problem i have is that cumulus freezes (flat lines) and keeps sending out the last reading it had. When it does this i have no way of knowing until i notice a graph is flat or temps arnt updating right on my web page. I would even be happy if i could get it to force quit or do a full crash because WU would notify me it was off line.
any help is appreciated.

Code: Select all

Current culture: English (United States)
Serial: 63DBBFB0FF2D47A84217767F62A815A1
Cumulus MX v.3.0.0 build 3041
Today.ini = data\today.ini
Last update=2016-12-21T16:52:00
Connected to station
4:53:11 PM Downloading Archive Data
Cumulus running at: http://*:8998/
(Replace * with any IP address on this machine, or localhost)
Starting web socket server on port 8002
12/21/2016 4:53:12 PM
Type Ctrl-C to terminate
4:53:19 PM Downloading Archive Data
4:53:25 PM Normal running
System.IO.IOException: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An exis
ting connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.
SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, So
cketFlags socketFlags)
size)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
size)
   at ?.?(TcpClient ?, String ?) in C:\Users\steve\RiderProjects\CumulusMX\Cumul
usMX\DavisStation.cs:line 673
   at ?.?() in C:\Users\steve\RiderProjects\CumulusMX\CumulusMX\DavisStation.cs:
line 568
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionCo
ntext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
ontextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
ontextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
**** An error has occurred - please zip up the MXdiags folder and post it in the
 forum ****
Press Enter to terminate
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

If you look elsewhere on the forum you may find scripts which can take action when data input stops.
Steve