Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Back after 2 years! ready to put on MX with rpi

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

thekow
Weather Station: w1080
Operating System: Virtualbox XP environment

Back after 2 years! ready to put on MX with rpi

Post by thekow »

Been reading a few threads on here.
I had a pretty awesome cumulus setup but my server had a catastrophic failure about 1.2 years ago.
I lost my VM and Cumulus install and it would crash every time i would use it. I followed then buy dropping my instruments smashing them everywhere.

So now i am back, i have a Rpi3 and ready to take off from where i left it.
I am hoping to basically plug and play my old installation for my webserver. (was running cumulus 1 with winxp).
Web server was php / mysql script that the eyeball avatar dude made! (there has probably been 50 updates since then)

My main question is what OS is everyone running on the PI? What's the most stable etc?
philpugh
Weather Station: See Signature
Operating System: Debian 11 (RPi4)

Re: Back after 2 years! ready to put on MX with rpi

Post by philpugh »

I run Debian Wheezy (V7) mainly because that is what I put on my first RPi / CumulusMX system - it worked and I saw no reason to change it to Jessie (V8) as it doesn't add anything I need to the system. I have a BananaPi under Wheezy also.

I have just started 'playing' with V8 on a Pi Zero - it won't run anything less - but I can confirm it runs CumulusMX very well
Phil Pugh
GW1000 + WH65/WH57/WH31; HP2551 + WS68/WH40A; GW2001 WittBoy
cumulusutils generating website
http://goosegate.uk/
VTHokie74
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Rasbian

Re: Back after 2 years! ready to put on MX with rpi

Post by VTHokie74 »

I just put my station a Raspberry Pi 3 (Davis VP2 wireless). It seems to be running well thanks to help from Steve and others here. jank's scripts are awesome also. I am about ready to retire my old Dell Inspiron laptop that was still running Windows XP. Cumulus ran well on it but everything else was as slow as molasses in winter. I copied over all my data and don't think I lost anything. I very nearly ordered a Meteobridge but so far I really like the setup with the RPi 3 and CumulusMX.
Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2/CumulusMX/Raspberry Pi 3