Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Updating data

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

Albert Dulfer
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW2000C
Operating System: Windows 11 Pro

Updating data

Post by Albert Dulfer »

I have a fine offset station. Occasionally, I have to reset the station. When I do this it retains historical data. Unfortunately, when I restart Cumulus MX, it does not update the historical data. Is there any way I can force this to occur?
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: Updating data

Post by water01 »

With Cumulus MX closed copy a set of files from backup/daily from a day before the failure to the data directory and overwrite the existing files and then restart Cumulus MX.
David
Albert Dulfer

Post by Albert Dulfer »

Thanks for the suggestion, however I would prefer that Cumulus MX acts in the same way as Cumulus Version 1. When I reconnect using Cumulus 1, it automatically downloads any unread data and processes it immediately.
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

Cumulus MX does exactly what Cumulus 1 does and reads logger data, if it is available. Are you sure that in resetting the console you are not losing the logger data.
David
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

water01 wrote:Cumulus MX does exactly what Cumulus 1 does and reads logger data, if it is available
I think MX differs in that, in the event of a loss of contact with the station, it will continue to use the last values read from the station and store them as "current" data. With Cumulus 1, it could be set to restart when contact is lost with the station, such that this use of the last data read doesn't occur. So when the station is reconnected Cumulus 1 asks for data from the time of the loss of contact. Whereas MX continues to store data during the time contact is lost, so as far as it is concerned it doesn't have to ask for any missed data from the logger.
water01 wrote:With Cumulus MX closed copy a set of files from backup/daily from a day before the failure to the data directory and overwrite the existing files and then restart Cumulus MX.
What water01 tells you to do here is to fool MX into thinking the last data stored was from before contact was lost. MX will then request the missing data from the logger.
So - to summarise - Cumulus 1 can be set to restart when contact is lost with the station; MX currently doesn't have this facility. Therefore the step suggested by water01 (above) is necessary with MX.
Freddie
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Just to check, you do have "UseDataLogger=1" set in Cumulus.ini?

If so I think you need to zip up your diags folder and attach it please.
Albert Dulfer

Post by Albert Dulfer »

As requested, attached please find the diagnostics folder.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

You have an error in the Mar16log.txt file. Edit this file with a decent editor (eg Notepad++) and find out what is wrong around line 14255

Code: Select all

Error at line 14255 of data\Mar16log.txt : Input string was not in a correct format.
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

You also seem to have the logging interval set to 1 minute in Cumulus, but 30 minutes on your Fine Offset. As per the notes with Cumulus, these should be set the same.