Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Major MX crash tonight.

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

UncleBuck
Weather Station: Davis VP2+
Operating System: MAC Mini - OSX El Capitan

Major MX crash tonight.

Post by UncleBuck »

Didn't notice a problem until I decided to just check it now.

It told me to zip up the files in the MXdiags folder and post them, so here they are.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Major MX crash tonight.

Post by steve »

Two things of note from the diags file:

On the 20th at 19:28, it started having problems reading the data from the console - numerous 'data stopped' messages. This problem continued, and eventually it appears that no response at all was received from the console. I have no way of knowing what the cause was.

On the 20th at 20:00 an exception was logged while processing a web file - Mono doesn't give me enough information to say any more that that. It is probably this exception which printed the message to post the MXdiags files, but MX itself continued running.
Steve
UncleBuck

Post by UncleBuck »

Now I just got this error....
System.ApplicationException: Mutex is not owned
at System.Threading.Mutex.ReleaseMutex () <0x2304340 + 0x0005a> in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Threading.Mutex:ReleaseMutex ()
at System.Net.FtpClient.FtpClient.Dispose () <0x409d678 + 0x0022b> in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Net.FtpClient.FtpClient.Finalize () <0x409d638 + 0x00013> in <filename unknown>:0
**** An error has occurred - please zip up the MXdiags folder and post it in the forum ****
I have attached the latest MXdiags as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

2016-02-22 00:17:14.653 System.InvalidOperationException: Specified port is not open.

It looks like you're having problems with your USB/serial port - this may also explain your 'data stopped' problem.
Steve
UncleBuck

Post by UncleBuck »

Checked the console and it was displaying a constant "R" in the bottom right corner of the display.
Checked the manual and it said to enter Setup Mode and then exit Setup Mode. Did that and the station started receiving data again. It even looks like it retained nearly all the data but there was a period lost between 2016-02-20 21:01:00 and 2016-02-21 02:05:00 (at least thats what the SQL database is showing).

Thanks guys.
At least I caught it early.

Col.