Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Realtime.xml & Andriod Widget

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

therook
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10

Realtime.xml & Andriod Widget

Post by therook »

Hello, I have a couple items that I have questions on. I am running v3.0.0 (3036), upgraded from a non MX version this evening just in case this has any bearing...

The realtime.xml file seems to produce the following when I view it with the Android App:
<data realtime="temp">9.6ᅵ</data> - I have tried ticking the UTF8. It didnt make any difference.

I have a Nexus 5X - The widget is not formatted properly on the screen. I believe this is do to the high resolution of this phone.

These are not urgent by any means, just wanted to report what I am seeing...

Thank You
Jeff
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Realtime.xml & Andriod Widget

Post by steve »

There's a problem with non-UTF8 encoding in the current code - see the 'known issues' post. I think the reason selecting UTF-8 doesn't fix the problem is because the file specifies an encoding of ISO-8859-15.

I can't help with the widget itself, I suspect you would need the author (whoever that is) to fix it.
Steve
txweather
Operating System: Raspbian

Post by txweather »

therook wrote:Hello, I have a couple items that I have questions on. I am running v3.0.0 (3036), upgraded from a non MX version this evening just in case this has any bearing...

The realtime.xml file seems to produce the following when I view it with the Android App:
<data realtime="temp">9.6ᅵ</data> - I have tried ticking the UTF8. It didnt make any difference.

I have a Nexus 5X - The widget is not formatted properly on the screen. I believe this is do to the high resolution of this phone.

These are not urgent by any means, just wanted to report what I am seeing...

Thank You
Jeff
By any chance that widget app does not happen to be Pocket PWS?
therook
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by therook »

It is not Pocket PWS. Its called Weather Station.

Jeff