Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX release v3.0.2 build 3052 - 13 September 2019.
Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014

See the Wiki for downloading either version.

Mono 4.0.2.5 packages now available for Raspbian

Discussion of version 3 of Cumulus, which runs on Windows, Linux, and OS X. All Cumulus MX queries in here, please.

Moderator: mcrossley

jank
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat 13 Jun 2015 5:57 pm
Weather Station: weatherstation
Operating System: Debian Wheezy
Location: Germany

Re: Mono 4.0.2.5 packages now available for Raspbian

Post by jank » Thu 01 Oct 2015 7:59 pm

Hello laulau

you are already updated to Debian Jessie, right ?
Looking at your Kernel Version which is 4.1.7+ tells me, that you are on the most current raspbian image or you made a dist-upgrade form your old debian wheezy, or am I wrong ?
You are using a RaspberryPi B, right?

Jan
Want to see your Station values on SSH? Cumulusnow http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=14062
Want a Start|Stop|Restart Script for CumulusMX on RaspberryPi? cumulusmx.sh http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13767

User avatar
laulau
Posts: 524
Joined: Tue 13 Oct 2009 10:52 pm
Weather Station: WeatherDuino Pro2
Operating System: Win 7
Location: Meyenheim, Alsace, FR
Contact:

Re: Mono 4.0.2.5 packages now available for Raspbian

Post by laulau » Thu 01 Oct 2015 8:21 pm

It's a raspberry B with Wheezy.
Capture.JPG
I only did what is in your instructions.
Should i check something else ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Laurent

Image

jank
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat 13 Jun 2015 5:57 pm
Weather Station: weatherstation
Operating System: Debian Wheezy
Location: Germany

Re: Mono 4.0.2.5 packages now available for Raspbian

Post by jank » Fri 02 Oct 2015 7:33 am

Hello laulau

I have no idea why you are not able to update Mono.
As I already mentioned, after everything went okay on my RaspberryPi B (Update Mono to verison 4 and update debian wheezy to Jessie and mnigration of CumulusMX form my Raspberry Pi2 to Raspberry PiB, I switched back to my Raspberry Pi2 because of the improved performance.
To reproduce your Problem, I meed to pull out my old Raspberry again and repeat all the steps I made in my instruciotn.
Whats about you, are you able to follow the steps again?
when you removed the Mono

3) uninstall old Mono
sudo apt-get remove mono-complete
sudo apt-get autoremove

Please reboot and check if Mono is really removed
mono -V
and repeat all the steps again.
Maybe you missed something?
Jan
Want to see your Station values on SSH? Cumulusnow http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=14062
Want a Start|Stop|Restart Script for CumulusMX on RaspberryPi? cumulusmx.sh http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13767

User avatar
laulau
Posts: 524
Joined: Tue 13 Oct 2009 10:52 pm
Weather Station: WeatherDuino Pro2
Operating System: Win 7
Location: Meyenheim, Alsace, FR
Contact:

Re: Mono 4.0.2.5 packages now available for Raspbian

Post by laulau » Fri 02 Oct 2015 9:09 am

I tried again:
sudo apt-get update gave me a warning because 'deb http://plugwash.raspbian.org/mono4 wheezy-mono4 main' was found in both raspi.list and sources.list.
I deleted this line in sources.list and restart all the procedure.
Mono 4 is finally installed. :D
Thanks
I will now test MX with french locals!
Laurent

Image

jank
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat 13 Jun 2015 5:57 pm
Weather Station: weatherstation
Operating System: Debian Wheezy
Location: Germany

Re: Mono 4.0.2.5 packages now available for Raspbian

Post by jank » Fri 02 Oct 2015 3:20 pm

:clap:
Great
Want to see your Station values on SSH? Cumulusnow http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=14062
Want a Start|Stop|Restart Script for CumulusMX on RaspberryPi? cumulusmx.sh http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13767

cirdan52
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon 02 Feb 2015 7:42 pm
Weather Station: Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Raspbian (jessie)
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Re: Mono 4.0.2.5 packages now available for Raspbian

Post by cirdan52 » Sat 10 Oct 2015 4:24 pm

I just switched my CumulusMX over to my newly aquired Raspberry running Jessie and have the new mono package. A curious thing happens when I run it through the cron @reboot using the start stop script. It runs ok but does not listen on port 8998 which is set in Cumulus. In order to get it back to 8998 I have to completely stop it, and start the script (not restart). So I don't know if this is a Jessie problem, mono, CumulusMX, script or am I missing something?

jank
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat 13 Jun 2015 5:57 pm
Weather Station: weatherstation
Operating System: Debian Wheezy
Location: Germany

Re: Mono 4.0.2.5 packages now available for Raspbian

Post by jank » Sat 10 Oct 2015 5:34 pm

Hi
I don't think it is related to mono. As gar as i understand you, you are using my Start/stop Script, but for any reason Cumulus will not be started when you insert The command @reboot.
Can you please Paste the line you used in cron?
I also assume you are using Pi's cron and not root's cron?
Please insert the line again in cron, but please call cron like this:
sudo crontab -e

instead of crontab -e
I assume, that Cumulus MX is nötig Running on your PI, but you Can Check This by calling the Script After reboot by using the -s (Status) Option. This will always tell you if it is Running or not

Jan
Want to see your Station values on SSH? Cumulusnow http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=14062
Want a Start|Stop|Restart Script for CumulusMX on RaspberryPi? cumulusmx.sh http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13767

cirdan52
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon 02 Feb 2015 7:42 pm
Weather Station: Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Raspbian (jessie)
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Re: Mono 4.0.2.5 packages now available for Raspbian

Post by cirdan52 » Sat 10 Oct 2015 5:53 pm

jank wrote:Hi
I don't think it is related to mono. As gar as i understand you, you are using my Start/stop Script, but for any reason Cumulus will not be started when you insert The command @reboot.
Can you please Paste the line you used in cron?
I also assume you are using Pi's cron and not root's cron?
Please insert the line again in cron, but please call cron like this:
sudo crontab -e

instead of crontab -e
I assume, that Cumulus MX is nötig Running on your PI, but you Can Check This by calling the Script After reboot by using the -s (Status) Option. This will always tell you if it is Running or not

Jan
Cumulus does run it just does not listen on port 8998 unless I stop it and start it again.

jank
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat 13 Jun 2015 5:57 pm
Weather Station: weatherstation
Operating System: Debian Wheezy
Location: Germany

Re: Mono 4.0.2.5 packages now available for Raspbian

Post by jank » Sat 10 Oct 2015 6:09 pm

cirdan52 wrote: Cumulus does run it just does not listen on port 8998 unless I stop it and start it again.
On which Port is it Running and what makes you so sure that it is running?
Btw: call the Script with option -d and look at the interactive "unscreened" Cumulus which Port is being used. Or use option -l to list the diags file.
Want to see your Station values on SSH? Cumulusnow http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=14062
Want a Start|Stop|Restart Script for CumulusMX on RaspberryPi? cumulusmx.sh http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13767

cirdan52
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon 02 Feb 2015 7:42 pm
Weather Station: Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Raspbian (jessie)
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Re: Mono 4.0.2.5 packages now available for Raspbian

Post by cirdan52 » Sat 10 Oct 2015 6:18 pm

jank wrote:
cirdan52 wrote: Cumulus does run it just does not listen on port 8998 unless I stop it and start it again.
On which Port is it Running and what makes you so sure that it is running?
Btw: call the Script with option -d and look at the interactive "unscreened" Cumulus which Port is being used. Or use option -l to list the diags file.
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ sudo ./cumulusmx.sh -s

Collecting Information from your system, please wait.......

[3;J
usage: nc [-46bCDdhjklnrStUuvZz] [-I length] [-i interval] [-O length]
[-P proxy_username] [-p source_port] [-q seconds] [-s source]
[-T toskeyword] [-V rtable] [-w timeout] [-X proxy_protocol]
[-x proxy_address[:port]] [destination] [port]
<<<<<<<<< Cumulus Status >>>>>>>>
Script Version: 2.2.5 (2015-09-21) - Available Version: 2.2.5 (2015-09-30)
CumulusNow Version: 1.3 - 29.07.2015 - Available Version: 1.3 (29.07.2015)
CumulusMX Version: Cumulus MX v.3.0.0 build 3031
Cumulus MX v.3.0.0 build 3031
Cumulus MX v.3.0.0 build 3031
Cumulus MX v.3.0.0 build 3031
Cumulus MX v.3.0.0 build 3031
Cumulus MX v.3.0.0 build 3031
Cumulus MX v.3.0.0 build 3031
Cumulus MX v.3.0.0 build 3031
Cumulus MX v.3.0.0 build 3031
Cumulus MX v.3.0.0 build 3031
Cumulus MX v.3.0.0 build 3031
Cumulus MX v.3.0.0 build 3031
Cumulus MX v.3.0.0 build 3031
CumulusMX is running
CumulusMX is not listening on TCP Port: 8998 (http://:8998)
Maybe Cumulus is running on a different TCP Port then 8998. Restart CumulusMX now to clearly start on TCP Port 8998 <sudo ./cumulusmx.sh -r>
ProcessID (PID) of CumulusMX is: 885
System Uptime of RasberryPi(raspberrypi) is: 0 min, 2 hours, users minutes.
CumulusMX is running since: 2015-10-12 16:38
Path to CumulusMX is: /home/pi/CumulusMX//
Path to CumulusMX Backup Folder is: /Backup_CumulusMX - Backups to keep: 5
Path to CumulusMX DD Backup Folder is: /mnt/example - Backups to keep: 5
Overall used diskspace of /home/pi/CumulusMX/ Folder is: 36M /home/pi/CumulusMX/
Free diskspace on this device: 24G

pi@raspberrypi ~ $

cirdan52
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon 02 Feb 2015 7:42 pm
Weather Station: Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Raspbian (jessie)
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Re: Mono 4.0.2.5 packages now available for Raspbian

Post by cirdan52 » Sat 10 Oct 2015 6:23 pm

jank wrote:
cirdan52 wrote: Cumulus does run it just does not listen on port 8998 unless I stop it and start it again.
On which Port is it Running and what makes you so sure that it is running?
Btw: call the Script with option -d and look at the interactive "unscreened" Cumulus which Port is being used. Or use option -l to list the diags file.
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ sudo ./cumulusmx.sh -d

Collecting Information from your system, please wait.......

[3;J
usage: nc [-46bCDdhjklnrStUuvZz] [-I length] [-i interval] [-O length]
[-P proxy_username] [-p source_port] [-q seconds] [-s source]
[-T toskeyword] [-V rtable] [-w timeout] [-X proxy_protocol]
[-x proxy_address[:port]] [destination] [port]

This Parameter will resume detached CumulusMX

Resume screened CumulusMX by typing CTRL-A and D
Press Enter to continue...















[detached from 881.CumulusMX]
pi@raspberrypi ~ $

jank
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat 13 Jun 2015 5:57 pm
Weather Station: weatherstation
Operating System: Debian Wheezy
Location: Germany

Re: Mono 4.0.2.5 packages now available for Raspbian

Post by jank » Sat 10 Oct 2015 6:28 pm

Oups. This is Strange.
Stehe -s Option output does not Look linke it should and netcat (nc) is throwing an error. For me it Looks like script is nötig correctly Running on debian Jessie.
Question. When you restart Cumulus with the script, and Fall again -s. Does the ouput Looks Equal or without These errors?
And how did you create the cron? With sudo or without?
I am also sure that Cumulus is nötig being startet at Boot.
Please use the cron entry by calling it with: sudo crontab -e

Can you please do a check for me:
I am mostly sure, that after reboot, your CumulusMX is not runningWhen you fixed it, by creating the Cron entry
sudo crontab -e
and insert the line
@reboot sudo /CumulusMX/cumulusmx.sh >> /dev/null 2>&1

please check if Cumulus is now being started.
once you verified it with option -s, can you please check if the -s output is not showing these nc errors ?

[3;J
usage: nc [-46bCDdhjklnrStUuvZz] [-I length] [-i interval] [-O length]
[-P proxy_username] [-p source_port] [-q seconds] [-s source]
[-T toskeyword] [-V rtable] [-w timeout] [-X proxy_protocol]
[-x proxy_address[:port]] [destination] [port]

Can you also tell me exactly which OS you installed on your raspberry pi ?
Last edited by jank on Sat 10 Oct 2015 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Want to see your Station values on SSH? Cumulusnow http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=14062
Want a Start|Stop|Restart Script for CumulusMX on RaspberryPi? cumulusmx.sh http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13767

cirdan52
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon 02 Feb 2015 7:42 pm
Weather Station: Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Raspbian (jessie)
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Re: Mono 4.0.2.5 packages now available for Raspbian

Post by cirdan52 » Sat 10 Oct 2015 6:50 pm

jank wrote:Oups. This is Strange.
Stehe -s Option output does not Look linke it should and netcat (nc) is throwing an error. For me it Looks like script is nötig correctly Running on debian Jessie.
Question. When you restart Cumulus with the script, and Fall again -s. Does the ouput Looks Equal or without These errors?
And how did you create the cron? With sudo or without?
I am also sure that Cumulus is nötig being startet at Boot.
Please use the cron entry by calling it. sudo crontab -e
sudo crontab -e is:
@reboot sudo /home/pi/CumulusMX/cumulusmx.sh >> /dev/null 2>&1
mono and screen are running according to the task list and there is a pid entry in the script output, why wouldn't CumulusMX not be running then?

jank
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat 13 Jun 2015 5:57 pm
Weather Station: weatherstation
Operating System: Debian Wheezy
Location: Germany

Re: Mono 4.0.2.5 packages now available for Raspbian

Post by jank » Sat 10 Oct 2015 6:59 pm

cirdan52 wrote: sudo crontab -e is:
@reboot sudo /home/pi/CumulusMX/cumulusmx.sh >> /dev/null 2>&1
mono and screen are running according to the task list and there is a pid entry in the script output, why wouldn't CumulusMX not be running then?
this is what I can not answer you but please try this: call
/home/pi/CumulusMX/cumulusmx.sh -l
in the small menu, please choose option 1 (Show MXDiags first 100 lines)
In the second line of this output, you should see a line similar like this:

2015-10-09 13:48:30.493 Command line: /CumulusMX/CumulusMX.exe -port xxxx

Which port (xxxx) did you see and please verify if the date in this logline match to the time you rebooted the Pi.

Can you please do me an additional favour:
It looks like your OS is making trouble with the nc command I am using in my Scri0pt (netcat)
the script is showing an error like this, when starting with option -s

[3;J
usage: nc [-46bCDdhjklnrStUuvZz] [-I length] [-i interval] [-O length]
[-P proxy_username] [-p source_port] [-q seconds] [-s source]
[-T toskeyword] [-V rtable] [-w timeout] [-X proxy_protocol]
[-x proxy_address[:port]] [destination] [port]

Did you see this error also, when you restrated Cumulus manually after reboot?
And, can you please tell me exactly which operating system you installed ? Debian Jessie - Raspbian ?

A reason why you might see a pid File could be:
when the script starts CumulusMX, I will write the PID File to /var/run
and when the scirpt is being stopped, I delete this file.
But when CumulusMX crashes for any reason, nothing will delete the PID File. So please check also the timestamp of the PID File and verify it with the current time on your system so see, when it is being created. You can also read the PID Number and aftwer reboot, check if the PID in the pid file is the same as it was before you rebooted.


Edit: By the way, the nc command which is making trouble on your Pi is:
nc -vz $ETH0 $PORT;echo $?

PLease call it on your pi like this: nc -z IP_ADDRESS TCP_PORT;echo $?
example: nc -vz 127.0.0.1 8998
or also nc -vz IP_ADDRESS 8998 (IP_ADDRESS is the reals IP Address of your Raspberry Pi)

And here is my next question: Is it LAN or WLAN ?
Jan
Want to see your Station values on SSH? Cumulusnow http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=14062
Want a Start|Stop|Restart Script for CumulusMX on RaspberryPi? cumulusmx.sh http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13767

cirdan52
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon 02 Feb 2015 7:42 pm
Weather Station: Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Raspbian (jessie)
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Re: Mono 4.0.2.5 packages now available for Raspbian

Post by cirdan52 » Sat 10 Oct 2015 7:25 pm

jank wrote:
cirdan52 wrote: sudo crontab -e is:
@reboot sudo /home/pi/CumulusMX/cumulusmx.sh >> /dev/null 2>&1
mono and screen are running according to the task list and there is a pid entry in the script output, why wouldn't CumulusMX not be running then?
this is what I can not answer you but please try this: call
/home/pi/CumulusMX/cumulusmx.sh -l
in the small menu, please choose option 1 (Show MXDiags first 100 lines)
In the second line of this output, you should see a line similar like this:

2015-10-09 13:48:30.493 Command line: /CumulusMX/CumulusMX.exe -port xxxx

Which port (xxxx) did you see and please verify if the date in this logline match to the time you rebooted the Pi.

Can you please do me an additional favour:
It looks like your OS is making trouble with the nc command I am using in my Scri0pt (netcat)
the script is showing an error like this, when starting with option -s

[3;J
usage: nc [-46bCDdhjklnrStUuvZz] [-I length] [-i interval] [-O length]
[-P proxy_username] [-p source_port] [-q seconds] [-s source]
[-T toskeyword] [-V rtable] [-w timeout] [-X proxy_protocol]
[-x proxy_address[:port]] [destination] [port]

Did you see this error also, when you restrated Cumulus manually after reboot?
And, can you please tell me exactly which operating system you installed ? Debian Jessie - Raspbian ?

A reason why you might see a pid File could be:
when the script starts CumulusMX, I will write the PID File to /var/run
and when the scirpt is being stopped, I delete this file.
But when CumulusMX crashes for any reason, nothing will delete the PID File. So please check also the timestamp of the PID File and verify it with the current time on your system so see, when it is being created. You can also read the PID Number and aftwer reboot, check if the PID in the pid file is the same as it was before you rebooted.

Jan

I'm running Jessie Debian.

Here's the log:
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ sudo ./cumulusmx.sh -l

Collecting Information from your system, please wait.......

[3;J
usage: nc [-46bCDdhjklnrStUuvZz] [-I length] [-i interval] [-O length]
[-P proxy_username] [-p source_port] [-q seconds] [-s source]
[-T toskeyword] [-V rtable] [-w timeout] [-X proxy_protocol]
[-x proxy_address[:port]] [destination] [port]


1) Show MXDiags first 100 lines 6) Show alltime.ini
2) Show MXdiags live-view 7) Show <Data input errors>
3) Show FTP-Log live-view 8) List Backup Folder Contents
4) Show today.ini 9) Show Weather Station Values
5) Show alltimelog.txt log live-view 10) Quit
Please enter your choice: 1
Showing first 100 lines of the most current MXDiag logfile
Press Enter to continue... (or wait 10 seconds to automatically proceed with MXdiags Logfile)
2015-10-12 16:38:27.175 ========================== Cumulus MX starting ========
==================
2015-10-12 16:38:27.194 Command line: /home/pi/CumulusMX//CumulusMX.exe -port 89
98

Yes I'm seeing the same errors doing the script manually.

Post Reply