Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

data stopped

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

ternzer
Weather Station: davis vp2
Operating System: whs 2011

data stopped

Post by ternzer »

I have a strange problem. at 3:18 am my windows server restarted. CMX was running fine. on reboot i have CMX set to start after the reboot.
Now it will not receive data from the davis. all i get is 0s. I tried replacing all the 3028 files with new ones but i still get nothing.
if i start my 3026 backup it connects and works fine. but as soon as i copy my data and .txt files over i get 0s again.

i can rollback and update my 3026 backup but i would like to try to get the 10 days of data back.

i attached the logs.
Davis pro2 with WLIP.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ternzer
Weather Station: davis vp2
Operating System: whs 2011

Re: data stopped

Post by ternzer »

Ok,

i found a work around. I run CMX in my original Cumulus 1 directory so I started Cumulus 1 and let it update and run for a few minutes the shut it down.
I restarted CMX 3028 and Woo Hoo! it started pulling data again.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: data stopped

Post by steve »

I can't say exactly what happened without at least debug logging turned on, and preferably data logging turned on also, but I can see that it didn't reply with the archive data when asked for it. Someone else had the same issue recently, it may be that the logger requires longer to reply initially if there are a large number of logger entries to download. I'll have a look to see if I can tweak the code to allow longer for the response in this case.
Steve