Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Decimal comma

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

kapo
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Windows 10

Decimal comma

Post by kapo »

I don't know if I dare to write about that decimal mark as comma? I have red those: Beta testing - PLEASE READ, FAQ/Known issues - PLEASE READ and Cumulus MX Announcements - PLEASE READ THESE FIRST. And I don't really know should I write here or do something else? But I decided to write here... I installed Cumulus MX, it went o.k. and I managed to get it work too. That's quite a fine user interface. But there are some issues in user interface and in my webpage, which is based on Sratoga template. Those did not came me as surprise, because of reading those topics. And now I ask if it is possible to correct those? Or should I forget this MX for a while, since Steve has corrected it? I am a little bit confused what should I do? And it is because of my poor english, and poor data-processing skills.... I can attach files if I know which I should attach, and if it worth of it? If this message is inappropriate, then this must be removed asap.

regards: kapo
http://www.kapoweather.net/index.php
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Decimal comma

Post by steve »

I don't think that there's any more that I can do about decimal commas and other non-English locale issues, as far as I'm aware the remaining issues are in Mono, but it's possible there are still bugs in this area in the Cumulus code. .Net on Windows should be less of a problem. What operating system are you using?

I can't really help with issues with templates that I know nothing about, unless you can highlight which parts aren't working (I can see a few strange numbers on your home page) and how the template actually works in the areas which aren't working (i.e. how it gets its data). What are the issues with the user interface?
Steve
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

If you are using data from Cumulus 1, have you edited the .ini files to change commas to 'full stops'?
Steve
kapo

Post by kapo »

I use Windows 8.1 as operating system. I attached couple screenshots of those comma probs. Those strange numbers as You wrote are one issue. Biggest probs are in records prints, as I understand.
If you are using data from Cumulus 1, have you edited the .ini files to change commas to 'full stops'?
I don't understand what that full stops mean, and where and how it should / could change?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nitrx
Weather Station: WH1080

Post by nitrx »

Full stops are decimal points I think, the ini files should have decimale points nog 1,0 nut 1.0 by example
rogerthn
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1000/GW1003
Operating System: Raspberry Pi OS bullseye aarch64

Post by rogerthn »

Regarding "change commas to 'full stops'" and maybe you know some Swedish?
In any case, with Cumulus MX stopped
Open Cumulus.ini in notepad, press CTRL-H and replace all??? , with . as below (in Swedish).
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by rogerthn on Sun 14 Jun 2015 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

kapo wrote:I don't understand what that full stops mean, and where and how it should / could change?
As you use decimal commas, your numbers in all of the Cumulus 1 .ini files look like this:

hightempvalue=32,4

In MX, the routines which it uses to read and write .ini files always use a 'full stop' for the decimal separator, like this:

hightempvalue=32.4

So you need to open each .ini file in the data folder in a text editor, and do a global replace changing all the "," to ".". Do this without Cumulus running. Note that the files you convert will not be usable in Cumulus 1 afterwards (should you want to go back to Cumulus 1) if you use decimal commas, but hopefully you have taken a copy of your Cumulus 1 data for MX rather than installing MX into the same place.

The files that you need to edit are today.ini, yesterday.ini, month.ini, year.ini, alltime.ini and monthlyalltime.ini.
Steve
rogerthn

Post by rogerthn »

steve wrote:If you are using data from Cumulus 1, have you edited the .ini files to change commas to 'full stops'?
Should be done in data\*.ini as well?
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

rogerthn wrote:Should be done in data\*.ini as well?
Yes, that's where the ini files that I listed are. The only other one that's not in there and I didn't mention is Cumulus.ini, and that does need the same doing to it.
Steve
rogerthn

Post by rogerthn »

Some/same hints in https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13882 when going from Windows to e.g. Raspberry
kapo

Post by kapo »

Thank You, both Steve and rogerthn. Finally I understood what that full stop means... And almoust everything corrected after that job. Very fine tool in that Notepad++. In user interface every values corrected. But in my webpage the station records values are o.k. but date is 01/01/1970 02:00 in every dates? There is a little difference in CUtags.php between CU1 and MX. I know that You Steve are not expert in Saratoga or any other template, but I don't know from who else I should ask "help" in this? I hope that someone could give some advice in this... And yes, I have both programs Cum1 and MX separated, so any change I make in MX don't change anything in Cum1. So I have at least Cum1, which works o.k. I wonder the kind that do I have to always change those .ini files if some record is changed, or is it sufficient that change, which I did once, I mean that decimal comma to dot?
Couple of picks attached about that date prob in my template.

regards kapo
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

You don't have to change the ini files again.

I wonder of there is a setting in the templates where you have to tell it the format that the dates are in? Or is it that extra 'ta' on the end of the month names with MX? Does it mean something with the 'ta' on the end, or is it just completely wrong?
Steve
kapo

Post by kapo »

Thank You for Yuor answer. I think too that the issue is in those date name's end 'ta'. That is just the right way to write as: 15. Mars= 15. maaliskuuta, 13/06= 13. kesäkuuta That 'ta' should be in the end of the monthnames, when that should mean one or several days of month. And those 15. maaliskuu and 13. kesäkuu are wrong, but everyone of finns understand what those mean. That is the problem, but who could say how it could be fixed? :oops:

regards kapo
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

I think we need someone who understands the Saratoga templates to say whether the problem is the month names generated by MX or whether it just needs a different setting somewhere.
Steve
kapo

Post by kapo »

Problem solved. This topic can be moved. Thank You.

regards kapo