Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Fine Offset Weather Station without solar sensors

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

willyweather
Weather Station: WH 1080
Operating System: Windows 8.1 and Raspbian

Fine Offset Weather Station without solar sensors

Post by willyweather »

Hi there,

I have a WS 1080 Fine Offset weather Station without any solar sensors. Well, I noticed that - in spite of the absense of any solar senors - my web pages as well as the local interface of Cumulus MX show pages for solar without any reasonible data input.

I thought, that I read recently, that this would automatically disappear with release 3025, but obviously it is not.

Don't know what to do about this - can I hide the wrong and superfluous readings somehow (?) or do I have to do something else (?) or is it simply a bug in CumulusMX which will be fixed later (?)

Wilfried

p.s.: I am asking this question also because I've noticed, that there is also the selection of "Fine Weather with solar" in the station Settings menu available...
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Re: Fine Offset Weather Station without solar sensors

Post by PaulMy »

For your web updates modify indexT.htm as per this comment in the file:
<!-- Solar data. If you don't have a solar sensor, you may wish to delete everything from here to the next comment
<tr class="td_temperature_data">
<td>Solar Radiation</td>
<td><#SolarRad>&nbsp;W/m&sup2;</td>
<td>Evapotranspiration Today</td>
<td><#ET>&nbsp;<#rainunit></td>
</tr>
End of solar data -->

I believe you can do something similar for MX dashboard.

Paul
VP2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https:// komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

deleted as answered by Steve
Last edited by sfws on Mon 03 Aug 2015 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

For the MX UI pages, one of the reasons for having the UI separate in MX is that users can modify and customise it to their own requirements (just as with the web pages). I may look at trying to do something automatically for the specific case of solar sensors at some point in the javascript. But I certainly never said it would be in 3025.

To remove the solar data from the dashboard page, for example, look for this code in index.html and remove it:

Code: Select all

<!-- Solar block -->
                <div class="col-sm-6 col-lg-3">
                    <div class="dash-unit">
                        <span class="dtitle">Solar</span>
                        <hr>
                        <div class="cont">
                            <div class="cont" >
                                <p>Radiation&nbsp;<span id="SolarRad" style="font-size:200%">---.-</span>&nbsp;W/m<sup>2</sup></p>
                                <p><span>High&nbsp;</span><span id="HighSolarRadToday" class="high">--.-</span><br><span id="HighSolarRadTodayTime">--:--</span></p>
                            </div>
                            <div class="cont" >
                                <p>UV Index&nbsp;<span id="UVindex" style="font-size:200%">--</span></p>
                                <p><span>High&nbsp;</span><span id="HighUVindexToday" class="high">--.-</span><br><span id="HighUVindexTodayTime">--:--</span></p>
                            </div>
                        </div>
                    </div>
                </div>
Steve
sfws

Post by sfws »

I believe Jacques DesRoches alternative PHP based web pages simply look to see if particular (those not available from all weather stations) values stay zero and if so decide those rows should not appear on the page the script generates concluding the weather station being used is not measuring that parameter. As Cumulus actually knows weather station type, it could make more intelligent decisions based on that. But surely it is only a low priority enhancement, simply because it can be done manually once, more efficiently than script code working it out each time?
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

sfws wrote:As Cumulus actually knows weather station type, it could make more intelligent decisions based on that.
The MX UI is actually just a web site anyway, so there's no difference. The modifications need to be done by the web page code, not by the MX 'server' code.
Steve
willyweather

Post by willyweather »

Hello All - thanks a lot for the hints and links. I will try to customize my web pages accordingly.
Sorry for not searching for that beforehand myself, but I was a little bit misled be the possibility to select "Fine Offset" and "Fine Offset with Solar Sensors" in the Station Settings menu of Cumulus MX. :oops: And then I took the wrong conclusions based on my imagination ... (sorry Steve)

thanks,

Wilfried
sfws

Post by sfws »

steve wrote:
sfws wrote:As Cumulus actually knows weather station type, it could make more intelligent decisions based on that.
The MX UI is actually just a web site anyway, so there's no difference. The modifications need to be done by the web page code, not by the MX 'server' code.
I have had a very busy day today and was rather vague re my gem of an idea earlier, but it was rather like
willyweather wrote: I was a little bit misled by the possibility to select "Fine Offset" and "Fine Offset with Solar Sensors" in the Station Settings menu

I do not know how Jacques does his PHP code but it might be "if <#SolarRad>, <#SunshineHours> and <#YSunshineHours> are all zero assume there is no solar sensor". I use 1.9.4 not MX but I suppose the question I was implicitly posing is "can either Cumulus version always work out whether a station has a solar sensor" and set a flag (web tag) accordingly.

For Fine Offset, Cumulus knows whether it is type 5 or type 7; similarly Cumulus knows only Davis can supply ET. What about other makes? If there is a logic test that can end up setting a boolean web tag as "Y" or "N" (alternatively "1" or "0"), then HTML web pages can decide whether to show or hide elements:
For example in "todayT.htm" (or "yesterdayT.htm") the solar row in the HTML could be adjusted to quote the new web tag:

<tr class="td_temperature_data solar<#solarPresentBool>">
then adding CSS class definition in "weatherstyle.css":

.solarN,  {
	display: none;
	/* visibility: hidden; */
}
could hide the row for a station without solar sensor (web tag would be set to "N"). Conversely, the row would show for one with solar sensor because web tag would be set to "Y" and as class .solarY is not in the CSS there is no hide instruction. That sort of boolean HTML http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/Webtags_as ... rs_in_HTML can be applied to any web page be it UI or a standard Cumulus template.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

I'm not saying that it can't be done; Cumulus 1 makes an attempt to do something appropriate on its main screen. In the case of MX, as the interface is a web site, it would require MX passing the required information to the web pages (by whatever means) so that (by whatever mechanism) the page could be updated.
Steve
willyweather

Post by willyweather »

Hi - it's me again :-)

This time I'm thinking about the opposite ... I have extra HW now (Homematic), which provides a solar measurement result every 3 minutes (in "Flux").

Now I would like to feed this external measurement results somehow into the result files of CumulusMX so that these will be shown in my website
as if my weather station would provide this (which the WH1080 doesn't at all).

There are certainly more than one possibilities to get that. Maybe someone knows, which one would be best ?

Thanks for any hint.

regards,

Wilfried