Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX release v3.1.2 build 3055 - 4 November 2019.
Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014

See the Wiki for downloading either version.

CumulusMX - RaspberyPi - Start|Stop|Restart Script V2.5.5.4

Discussion of version 3 of Cumulus, which runs on Windows, Linux, and OS X. All Cumulus MX queries in here, please.

Moderator: mcrossley

jank
Weather Station: weatherstation
Operating System: Debian Wheezy

Re: CumulusMX - RaspberyPi - Start|Stop|Restart Script V2.5.5.3

Post by jank » Wed 06 Nov 2019 8:21 am

Hello Billy

in my post earlier this year I asked you if you really need IPv6 or if you could disable it on your device and you told me that you are okay to disable it.
Please keep in mind, ipv6 on the RaspberryPi can not be permanentely disabled, so it must be disabled on every boot ...as far as I remember

But HansR would like to use IPv6 on his device to be prepared for the far future, for a life with ipv6.
Anyway, I have a new version in place which is hiding the ipv6 information in the output but not presuppose a disabled ipv6 on your device.

If I have time today, I will put the new version on the first page of this thread (as alwways)

btw: If you followed my suggestiont earlier this year to disable ipv6:

nano /etc/sysctl.d/01-disable-ipv6.conf to create an empty file and insert this line:
net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6 = 1
Save.
This will permanently disable IPv6 (If you need IPv6 sometime in the future, remove this file......

...you can now delete this file to enable ipv6 in the hope, that my changes work :-)

thank you
Jan
Want to see your Station values on SSH? Cumulusnow http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=14062
Want a Start|Stop|Restart Script for CumulusMX on RaspberryPi? cumulusmx.sh http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13767

slashmusic
Weather Station: WS2350
Operating System: Raspberry Pi2 - Debian

Re: CumulusMX - RaspberyPi - Start|Stop|Restart Script V2.5.5.4

Post by slashmusic » Thu 07 Nov 2019 3:23 pm

Version 2.5.5.4 is available [07.11.2019]

* Fixed an output error on devices where ipv6 is enabled. (IPv6 information will now be ignored
* Fixed an output error when checking CumulusMX Version information in status page
* Syntax check of all output messages (thank you goes to Experimentor

the update is available in the first post of this thread