Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Issue With Daylight Hours When Using AM/PM

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

Buford T. Justice
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1002
Operating System: Windows 11 Pro

Issue With Daylight Hours When Using AM/PM

Post by Buford T. Justice »

I just noticed on my main page that the sun will rise at 6:11 AM and set at 7:58 PM giving 1:47 of Daylight Hours. I am sure this is because I use AM/PM on my website (being in USA) instead of 24-hour time. Anyway around this while retaining AM/PM?
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Issue With Daylight Hours When Using AM/PM

Post by steve »

The <#DaylightLength> web tag should work whether you are using a 12-hour or 24-hour clock on your PC. Please paste the 'almanac' section of your template here.
Steve
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

I had that because I carried over an 'hh:mm' format in the daylightlength tag from my C1 PHP tag files, it needs to change to 'HH:mm' for Cumulus MX.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

The default in MX is HH:mm, so you could just remove the parameter. The default in C1 also gives me hh:mm automatically, but perhaps US users need a format parameter for that?
Steve
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

I should have made it clear, I use a customised format string in my PHP tags file for #DayLightLength, not the default (no format string). I only noticed once the day length exceeded 12 hours.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Ah OK, understood.
Steve
Buford T. Justice
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1002
Operating System: Windows 11 Pro

Post by Buford T. Justice »

mcrossley wrote:I had that because I carried over an 'hh:mm' format in the daylightlength tag from my C1 PHP tag files, it needs to change to 'HH:mm' for Cumulus MX.
That was the issue. Thanks. I overlooked changing those values from lowercase h to uppercase H.

For times here in the USA, I use format="H:mm tt" for AM/PM and format=H:mm for total times.
mwijas
Weather Station: Vantage Pro
Operating System: Windows 7 (soon Windows 10)

Post by mwijas »

Buford T. Justice wrote:
For times here in the USA, I use format="H:mm tt" for AM/PM and format=H:mm for total times.
I too am in the USA and would like to use AM/PM format (as stated above). However, I am new to Cumulus and cannot find where to change this. I see the 12 hour /24 hour setting in the NOAA config, but that seems to be specific to NOAA. Any help would be much appreciated!
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

mwijas wrote:I too am in the USA and would like to use AM/PM format (as stated above). However, I am new to Cumulus and cannot find where to change this. I see the 12 hour /24 hour setting in the NOAA config, but that seems to be specific to NOAA. Any help would be much appreciated!
This section of the forum is about Cumulus MX - is that what you are using? MX should display most dates and times in the format that is being used by the system that it's running on.

It is not possible to change the date and time formats in Cumulus 1, other than the clock on the main screen.
Steve
mwijas
Weather Station: Vantage Pro
Operating System: Windows 7 (soon Windows 10)

Post by mwijas »

Yes, I am using the most current beta of Cumulus MX, which I just did a fresh install of a few days ago. It is running on Windows 7 and I can confirm it is not using the time format of the system. Based on the prior post of Buford T. Justice, it seemed that he also had the same issue, which he was able to resolve by changing the format settings. My question is where can this change be made?
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

The date and time formats on the 'dashboard' page in the user interface in MX cannot currently be changed - perhaps they will be in future. MX should be using the system date and time formats elsewhere in the user interface - is it not doing that? If you want to change the format of the dates and times on a web site, then as described above, you need to use a 'format' parameter on the web tags. The format parameter is described in the wiki, on the web tags page - http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/Webtags.
Steve