Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

CumulusMX files in mobile browser

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

malkie
Weather Station: Davis Vision-Vue
Operating System: Raspbian Jessie

CumulusMX files in mobile browser

Post by malkie »

I have noticed on a Browser on my iPad or my Android phone, that the CumulusMX standard pages do not display correctly.

Cumulus1 Pages are fine:

I've tried Chrome (as above) and Safari on the iPad, and Samsung's own Android browser and Chrome on my Galaxy S4 and they all look the same with the menu stretched off to the edge of the page.

No I haven't crossed to the dark side and tried Firefox!

Desktop browsers are fine. (Edit, I've looked at this again, it seems the pages are wider than the 800 pix used before, they look OK on large wide screens, but the table is offset if the window is reduced in width. They are fine at 1920 width, but if you bring the width down to half the screen, the table does not sit in the middle of the window.)

Another Edit: The table width is defined by the width of the widest line in the table, which is the navigation row below. I've now split this up into two rows and the data table is much narrower:

http://www.elmnet-weather.net/C3/index.htm

I now have to edit the navigation table on the other pages and work out why my gauges don't work.

Malcolm
Malcolm
North Herts, UK
http://elm30net.ddns.net
CumulusMX on Raspberry Pi4 B+ 2GB, running on Raspbian Buster booting from USB SSD
from a Davis Vantage Vue with VP2 ISS.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: CumulusMX files in mobile browser

Post by steve »

Yes, the navigation bar probably should be allowed to wrap by default, a few people have been (understandably) annoyed by this and have modified their pages to do it.
Steve