Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Rainfall Chart

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Rainfall Chart

Post by water01 »

I not sure if this a problem with the new charts jscript or just a strange piece of mapping because of a strange piece of data.

For some reason I got some rainfall logged as -0.0 and when that is mapped in Cumulus MX charts it is not the same 0.0 and therefore shows a sort of negative spike!! I know it is -0.0 because it shows up in the window when you run the mouse over it.

Looks a bit strange!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by water01 on Thu 22 Jan 2015 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
David
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Rainfall Chart

Post by steve »

I don't think it's anything to do with the changes to the chart. I wonder if somehow the rate calculation came out slightly negative and that got rounded to the rather odd -0.0. I would guess it happened around a restart and was due to rounding of the stored rain counter values. I'll put a check in for it.
Steve
water01

Post by water01 »

It is on my website now so see here http://www.dmjsystems.co.uk/weather/trends.php so you can run the mose over it if you need further info.
David
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

There are a few rain rate values of -0.03 inches, so that's not just down to rounding. That does remind me that I need to make the scale show two decimals for inches. Maybe the counter went down for a period, or it could be a bug - could you upload the diags file, please?
Steve
water01

Post by water01 »

Here it is.

Added the 3011 as well as I switched to 3012 as soon as you posted last night.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

I've changed my mind - it is down to rounding. I had forgotten that the 0.03 for the rate actually only represents a difference of 0.03/12 = 0.0025. It happened just after you restarted Cumulus, as the current counter was being compared to the rounded figures stored in the log file. I think the code I've added will fix it, but I'll check to see what I did in Cumulus 1 for this.
Steve
Nykita
Weather Station: Ambient Weather WS-2080
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by Nykita »

steve wrote:There are a few rain rate values of -0.03 inches, so that's not just down to rounding. That does remind me that I need to make the scale show two decimals for inches. Maybe the counter went down for a period, or it could be a bug - could you upload the diags file, please?
Did you do the change for the rain charts yet? I'm using CMX3013. I am showing 2 decimal places (0.09in) on the dashboard but only one on the charts page (0.1in) It's not really a big deal, I just wanted to let you know about it.
No matter how carefully you choose your words, they'll always end up being twisted by others!
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

No, not yet. I'm intending to make the number of decimal places in MX configurable, so I'll tie this change into that when I do it.
Steve
Nykita
Weather Station: Ambient Weather WS-2080
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by Nykita »

Thanks for the update, I thought I ma have messed something up... I also noticed it is 2 places in the current data window and gauges also.. I'll bet you wish people would conform to world standards..... :mrgreen:
Last edited by Nykita on Sat 24 Jan 2015 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No matter how carefully you choose your words, they'll always end up being twisted by others!
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

I'm in no position to complain. I use the 'standard' mm, hPa/mb, deg C... and mph.
Steve