Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Clean install glitch

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

bjamieson
Weather Station: VP2
Operating System: Windows 7 Starter

Clean install glitch

Post by bjamieson »

Hi,

Carrying out a clean install of 3008 or 3009 onto Mint 17.1.

I had the ootb mono install. I unzipped the directory and used the command to start the server with a non-default port (-port 9999).

When navigating to the Settings page, the configuration form was missing. Sorry, I didn't grab the error message from the console - :groan:

I then happened to change two things at once (oh well done me!!!). I looked at the software manager, and searched for 'mono', there was an option to do a 'mono complete' install - so this is exactly the same as sudo apt-get install mono-complete.

Once that was done, I ran the application using its default port. The settings form was displayed correctly, and I could configure my system correctly.

I tried to duplicate the process under Windows 7, but did not see the same behaviour. Yet to try the same process with an RPi.

From a clean install, with no previous data logged, I get repeatable bad 'max' data for both Windspeed (Max gust jumps to 255 mph) and rainfall (getting 57.8 mm of rain when it's not raining).

cheers,

Brian.

PS - Love the new commandline system - massively more flexible. I'm likely to get a beaglebone to install it onto. Will let you know the results.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Clean install glitch

Post by steve »

bjamieson wrote:From a clean install, with no previous data logged, I get repeatable bad 'max' data for both Windspeed (Max gust jumps to 255 mph) and rainfall (getting 57.8 mm of rain when it's not raining).
It sounds like you are having communication issues between the transmitter(s) and console. 255 mph is the 'dash value' which I fixed in build 3010. The spec doesn't give a 'dash value' for 'year rain', which is counter I use for 'live' data. You would think it would just keep supplying the latest figure if there was a communication problem. The diags file should show whether something funny has been going on with the 'year rain' figure. If the problem is happening with archive data: The 'year rain' figure isn't available in the archive data, so it uses the amount of rain in each archive entry and adds it to the counter that it stored in today.ini.
Steve