Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Data Stalls

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

Buford T. Justice
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1002
Operating System: Windows 11 Pro

Data Stalls

Post by Buford T. Justice »

Unbuntu MATE 14.04.1 LTS
CMX 3008

I had CMX running and noticed the temperature had stalled out as compared to what was displayed on the weather station. I looked at the MXdiags files and saw nothing in error. The most current one is attached. The issue happened at approximately 9:25 PM local time.

EDIT...

Other data was stalled as well including barometer and humidity as I recall.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Data Stalls

Post by steve »

I don't know how many people are trying it on Linux and not on a Raspberry Pi (which appears to work fine, for the most part), but one other person had the same issue. I wonder if there are any power saving options set? I will try to find time to dig out my Linux box to see if I can see what's going on.
Steve
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

Searching the Ubuntu forums shows that it does indeed have USB Power saving options, especially on Laptops. There seems to some discussion on the best way to disable it see here http://askubuntu.com/questions/80638/ho ... -usb-mouse

This seems to be the best way.

Code: Select all

for foo in /sys/bus/usb/devices/*/power/level;
do echo on > $foo;
done
Copy and paste the above into a Command line.
David
Buford T. Justice

When I am asleep or at work, I usually do System > Lock Screen which must not suspend any of the USB devices since my mouse and keyboard are also USB and I can move the mouse so I can type my password to log back in. If I recall correctly, I think my computer did auto-lock last night when I noticed this happened. I will let it purposely do this again to verify after I get home from work later today and report back to make sure that is the cause. Thanks guys.
swyman18
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Ubuntu Server 14.04

Post by swyman18 »

steve wrote:I don't know how many people are trying it on Linux and not on a Raspberry Pi (which appears to work fine, for the most part), but one other person had the same issue. I wonder if there are any power saving options set? I will try to find time to dig out my Linux box to see if I can see what's going on.
For a little while, I was testing MX on a netbook with Lubuntu installed. One day I started up MX and accidentally closed down the screen and it went into sleep mode. I realized it a few moments later and opened up the screen and it looked like MX was still running in the terminal window, so I assumed all was well (my mistake). It wasn't until about 12 hours later that I realized my data was "flatlined". As long as I made sure the netbook didn't go into sleep mode, it was fine.

I am now testing MX on one of those little Intel NUC boxes with Ubuntu Server and haven't seen the issue.
Buford T. Justice

So far the only answers I have from asking around on IRC chat channels are:

Disable the screensaver.

Go to SYSTEM > PREFERENCES > POWER MANAGEMENT and make sure to disable sleep and suspend on all tabs. I had these already turned off when I was using the screensaver.

Just use System > Lock Screen.

I am still investigating further, but just locking the screen manually will keep data coming in.

I asked about this over here so I'll see what answer(s) I get...

http://askubuntu.com/questions/574242/u ... g-settings
Spider-Vice
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Raspbian

Post by Spider-Vice »

Yes, this is the same problem I have. As there was a weather event coming along I switched to Windows for the time being, but if you manage to find a solution, I'll surely retry MX on Linux!