Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Wind Chill Reporting Too High

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

Buford T. Justice
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1002
Operating System: Windows 11 Pro

Wind Chill Reporting Too High

Post by Buford T. Justice »

Now that I have CMX 3007 up and running on Linux, the only issue I am having so far is the wind chill being reported. Right now it is 21 °F | -6 °C outside and the wind is blowing at 4.1 mph | 6.6 km/h (10 min. avg.). The wind chill currently being reported is 70 °F | 21 °C :o
WoodburyMan
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1000
Operating System: Windows 10 20H2

Re: Wind Chill Reporting Too High

Post by WoodburyMan »

Texas Bubble Gum Machine - I am using a Fine Offset as well, and my Wind Chill is reporting currectly. It's 11F out now, earlier it was reporting 8F wind chill, and even earlier in the day around 20F with a 10F windchill. Running 3007 on Windows and Raspberry Pi Linux. I'm using a WS-2095 from Ambient Weather. Steve just fixed Indoor temperature being reported incorrectly in C all the time. Anything else about your setup that may be different than mine? What OS Linux specifically.
Woodbury, CT Weather Ecowitt GW1100, Solar, Wind, Rain, Temp, Soil, Lightning
Southington, CT Weather Ecowitt GW2000 Wittboy Solar, Wind, Rain, Temp, Soil, Lightning, CO2/PM2.5/PM10

Running CumuluxMX 3.24.1 b3234 both sites on Windows 11 22H2
Buford T. Justice

Ubuntu MATE 14.04.1 LTS.

I do notice when I first start CMX and data is first populated that the wind chill reading appears correct then it goes crazy high soon after.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Thanks - it's basically the same problem as the indoor temperature. I'm not quite sure how it's working OK for one of you.
Steve
WoodburyMan
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1000
Operating System: Windows 10 20H2

Post by WoodburyMan »

Weird. Hmm. Maybe this will help figure out why it works for me?

It does function for me.

I have the last 60 realtime.txt uploads located here http://www.woodburyweather.com/realtime.log

I attached my Cumulus.ini as well from my Pi.(Edited to remove login info).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Woodbury, CT Weather Ecowitt GW1100, Solar, Wind, Rain, Temp, Soil, Lightning
Southington, CT Weather Ecowitt GW2000 Wittboy Solar, Wind, Rain, Temp, Soil, Lightning, CO2/PM2.5/PM10

Running CumuluxMX 3.24.1 b3234 both sites on Windows 11 22H2
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

I think it's because you have 'calculate wind chill' set. It always does it for FO stations anyway as they don't supply wind chill, but it works in a slightly different way, and with it set you avoid the bug.
Steve
Buford T. Justice

I just turned the option on in 3007 (never used it before in Cumulus 1) and the wind chill is reporting correctly. Though I am confused why it has to be enabled whereas I never needed it enabled before. Should anything else be enabled on a FO weather station like calculate dew point?

EDIT...

I updated to 3008 and turned the above option off. Wind Chill is working just fine. Thanks Steve!