Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

USB lockup?

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

Spider-Vice
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Raspbian

USB lockup?

Post by Spider-Vice »

A few minutes after I open Cumulus MX (latest build on Linux Mint), the data successfully is transmitted from the FO but after a few minutes the data just flat lines on both Cumulus and WU. The diags don't seem to show much relevant, just an empty line where it says latest data received. I do wonder if this is a Linux or a Cumulus problem. Thought it would be worth pointing out, unless someone with an FO can confirm they don't have the same issues on Linux.
This is not the famous lockup problem as the console is fine and Windows also works fine.

Thanks.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: USB lockup?

Post by steve »

I've had my FO running for days at a time with MX on Linux. But this was on the Pi.

The 'latest data' thing is currently empty anyway. By coincidence I have just this minute finished adding the code to put something in there.
Steve
Spider-Vice

Post by Spider-Vice »

Ah, I'll assume this is an issue with something in the distro then I guess, I'll conduct some testing. It seems to me that after a few minutes it makes the USB sleep or something. I'd be thankful if someone with Linux mint reported back.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Does Mint have any USB power saving like Windows, perhaps? Does MX start reading data again if you just close it and start it up again?
Steve
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

I do have a box sitting in the corner with some form of Linux on it - possibly Mint. I'll have to dig it out and fire it up and try it. Probably won't be before the weekend, though.
Steve
Spider-Vice

Post by Spider-Vice »

steve wrote:Does Mint have any USB power saving like Windows, perhaps? Does MX start reading data again if you just close it and start it up again?
Yes it restarts normally if I restart MX. Only to then repeat the behaviour though.
Spider-Vice

Post by Spider-Vice »

I switched to Ubuntu MATE and it didn't seem to fix it either. Back to Windows I guess.