Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus1 Data log interval changes

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Cumulus1 Data log interval changes

Post by PaulMy »

This is not a direct CumulusMX issue but as a result of starting and stopping Cumulus1 for running CumulusMX, therefore posting here instead of the full public forum.

I have just noticed that my Cumulus1 Data log interval was changed to 15 minutes (not by me) rather than the 10 minutes. Upon checking my Jan15 data log file see that it has happened possibly 9 times since Jan 9, 2015. Then just as mysterious of how it was set at 15 min it must have been set back to 10 minutes the same number of times, less 1 (when I discovered this).

I have checked the Cumulus1 Diags and charted when these 15 min interval and then back to 10 min have occurred. They seem to be when I shut down Cumulus1 to run CumulusMX or shut down CumulusMX to restart Cumulus1. The first 15 min interval change was from 2015-01-09 about 17:00 to 2015-01-12 about 12:15. The others have been mostly much shorter time periods.

I do recall that on 3 or 4 Cumulus1 restarts it took a long time to get the logger data downloaded and I can now see why - likely because of the data logger being 10 minute interval and Cumulus1 somehow changed to 15 minutes.

I will now watch the Cumulus1 Station Configuration settings whenever I stop and restart Cumulus1.

I don't believe there is anything that CumulusMX has or could do with making those changes, just that it has happened whenever Cumulus1 was started/stopped for changing between the 2 versions.

I could roll back the Cumulus1 ini settings and restart to pick up all the 10 minute interval but would likely loose more information from the time it was running live so will just leave it as is.

Diags zip attached.

Sorry to present this issue forward, just thought I should mention.

Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
VP2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https:// komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Cumulus1 Data log interval changes

Post by steve »

The default is 10, so that's the only value that Cumulus could explicitly set of its own accord (if it couldn't read the setting in Cumulus.ini, for example). The only other way that I can think of the setting could be changed from within Cumulus would be if you were changing something on the Station settings screen, and somehow the log interval got changed too.

It's set to 15 in all of those diags files, but they only back as far as 16:00 on the 11th.

Have you been running MX in the same directory? It could be a bug in MX if so.
Steve
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Re: Cumulus1 Data log interval changes

Post by PaulMy »

Thanks Steve,
Looking through the full Jan15 log file the Jan 9 at 17:30 17:45 as indicated in the Diags is the first time. I don't recall seeing that at any time in the past and I have fully checked the Dec14 log file and all there is at 10 min, as well as all of Jan14.

I have not made any changes in Cumulus1 settings and have opened the Configuration screens a few times to check on how Cumulus1 was set in comparing the CumulusMX set up. My practise is to shut down Cumulus1 whenever I want to run CumulusMX and when MX is shut down to click on my Cumulus startup icon and watch it start up to confirm the downloads are complete. The first 2 times it took a long time to download I watched it as that seemed abnormal but careful not to click anything while that was going on. At that time I didn't realize it was doing the full logger download and just thought my computer was busy, again (sometimes the computer takes 10 or more seconds to actually move on to the next task I've selected). The last couple of times it took a long time I went to the browser to the browser and checked if my sites were being updated, then returned to Cumulus1 and all seemed well.

Cumulus1 is in its own C:\added_programs\Cumulus folder
CumulusMX is in its own C:\added_programs\CumulusMXDist folder
and there is no interaction between them only my initial \data folder and cumulus.ini to Cumulus.ini copied to MX, and oonce copying all the xxxT.htm files from Cumulus1 to CumulusMX.

I shut down Cumulus1 around the 1st and 15th of each month so I can run Weatherlink for a few minutes to update the data. Then restart Cumulus1 and let it run. Occasionally it gets shut down for maintenance. Had never seen the interval change in the past, just these several times during the CumulusMX testing phase.

I will watch it whenever I shut down Cumulus1 and restart it.

Paul
VP2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https:// komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm