Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Not uploading to WU, etc. and other observations

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Not uploading to WU, etc. and other observations

Post by PaulMy »

Updated to b3006.
Some notes and observations.

WU IONTARIO226 home is not being updated, however the Rapid Fire page says updating and Refresh with current time but data is here also not being updated (see MXdiags attachment).
PWS, WB, WOW are also not being updated.
My Cumulus template based site, the Saratoga and Leuven template sites are all working ok.
CWOP shows latest schedule update time and some data appears to be updated, but from looking at the MESO page there is no pressure shown and other data appears to be incorrect (see attachment).

In looking at the MXdiags (attached) I see the following, but all of these have been unticked from processing and updating and Cumulus.ini shows these as 0 for processing and FTP
1/11/15 1:40:00 PM Updating log files
Writing today.ini, LastUpdateTime = 1/11/15 1:40:00 PM raindaystart = 15.1999998092651 rain counter = 15.2
2015-01-11 13:40:05.863 Could not find a part of the path 'weather/gauges-ss.htm'.
2015-01-11 13:40:06.667 Could not find a part of the path 'weather/obe.htm'.
2015-01-11 13:40:06.668 Could not find a part of the path 'komokaweather-ca/CUtags.php'.
2015-01-11 13:45:05.939 Could not find a part of the path 'weather/gauges-ss.htm'.
2015-01-11 13:45:06.794 Could not find a part of the path 'weather/obe.htm'.
2015-01-11 13:45:06.794 Could not find a part of the path 'komokaweather-ca/CUtags.php'.
2015-01-11 13:45:49.026 Updating CWOP
Also had a glitch in the Dashboard display after I flipped between the Dashboard and the website several times (capture attached) and went back to correct view after a stop and restart of the browser URL (refresh would not correct it).

Update from previous posts:
I now have the Trends working after unchecking the Delete before upload.

I was unable to get the gauges from the zip upload to correctly work and display. And this may be because I have several other versions of the gauges-ss on my site (v2.4.4 versions for Cumulus template site, and for Saratoga PHP, as well as the Leuven templates). And also v2.5.0 beta. I may have mixed up the included gauges-ss scripts in uploading these. I have changed the URL link in the new indexT.htm to the v2.5.0 beta folder and that is displaying fine.. I will remove all the non v2.5.0 files and folders and have all the different sites use this one.

Sorry for mentioning some of the insignificant issues, just wanted to pass on my observations.

Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Not uploading to WU, etc. and other observations

Post by steve »

PaulMy wrote:WU IONTARIO226 home is not being updated, however the Rapid Fire page says updating and Refresh with current time but data is here also not being updated (see MXdiags attachment).
PWS, WB, WOW are also not being updated.
Have you restarted after changing any settings? Changing settings seem to stop some timer-based activity and requires a restart.
CWOP shows latest schedule update time and some data appears to be updated, but from looking at the MESO page there is no pressure shown and other data appears to be incorrect (see attachment).
A restart may also fix this. I assume you are using Virtual VP and hence have LOOP2 turned off? The absence of a pressure reading may be explained by that, but I thought I had put in the code to just use MSLP if LOOP2 was turned off.
Steve
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

I see that although I have added the code to use MSLP, I am missing some other code that would cause that to work. I'll fix that in the next build.
Steve
PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

I am not using VVP and shutting down Cumulus1 before running CumulusMX. I had tried to again use VVP a couple days ago but couldn't so it is not running.

Have tried from a new startup and then waiting for the normal uploads and looks like it is the same. WU, PWS, WOW, WB not updating. WU Rapid Fire again says it is updating but the data is not the current. CWOP seems a bit different as it shows an updated time and some data but 0000 for pressure. Meso West is also the same, showing some data but nothing for pressure. AWEKAS is updating but that is by a HTML file pickup.

Please let me know if there is anything I might want to try.

Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Do you have UseDavisLoop2=0 in Cumulus.ini? That will cause zero for pressure at CWOP. You could try turning off rapid fire to see if WU then updates. Remember to restart after changing settings. If you put Looging=1 in Cumulus.ini before starting it, it will put extra info about WU into the mxdiags file. If nothing appears, please attach the mxdiags file here.
Steve
PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

Hi Steve,
I don't have "UseDavisLoop2= " in my Cumulus.ini at all
I have turned off Rapid Fire and then WU regular updates were ok.
CWOP is the same as before - partial data but no Pressure
PWS, WOW and WB are not uploading from CumulusMX
All are uploading fine with Cumulus1

I have attached MXdiags. Before I started this recent CumulusMX session I had edited Cumulus.ini to remove all the extra files that were not set/ticked for processing and upload so those do no longer show in the MXdiags. I had also taken the liberty of adding Logging=1 to all the uploads section in Cumulus.ini and these appear to show as all OK in MXdiags, but not actually updating.

Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Davis Vantage Pro2+
PaulMy

Re: (Revised) Uploading to WU, etc. and other observations

Post by PaulMy »

Further update.
Have played around with different settings including adding UseDavisLoop2=1 and resetting WU Rapid Fire and WU is now for whatever reason updating in both Rapid Fire on and off.

CWOP is still only partially displaying data, but no Pressure in all of the setting combinations.
PWS, WB and WOW are not updating with CumulusMX in any of the settings I have used.

The MXdiags still seems to show that uploads to PWS, WOW and WB are ok, but actually not being uploaded that I can see. As soon as I stop CumulusMX and restart Cumulus1 then those sites are being updated.

Even though I would like to, I am not ready yet to run CumulusMX full time until some of the additions like B-L SR and Weather Log/Snow Index are added but will do any beta testing that will be helpful.

Thanks Steve for all your assistance and work on this. I am continuing to be a proud Cumulus user!
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

The uploads in one of the diags file are those from the data downloaded from the logger. I checked WOW as an example, and those entries appeared to be in there. There are no 'live' updates of WOW etc in the logs, but that may because it wasn't running for long enough. What intervals are you using?

If you add Logging=1 to the [Station] section of Cumulus.ini before starting MX, it will show more details about the uploads to CWOP and the others while running live.

If you are getting zero for Altimeter Pressure (as supplied to CWOP) and you have enabled LOOP2, there is probably a problem reading LOOP2 packets. You're using an Envoy with a USB connection, yes? What firmware version does it have?

Support for Blake-Larsen is already in there, but I suspect no-one has tried it yet.
Steve
PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

Update:
1. I use the Davis USB Weather Envoy with Firmware 1.75 (original July 2008)
2. I have now added Loggin=1 to Station section, so is in Station and all the upload sections.
3. SRsunshine.dat is in my CumulusMX\data folder but with a date of before I had CumulusMX and when I copied in my Cumulus1\data folder. So I assumed :oops: it was not yet included in Cumulthe same as Weather Diary. But I had forgotten to change the settings in B-L program to save the file to the CumulusMX\data folder instead of the Cumulus1\data folder :bash: Sorry for assuming it was not yet included.
4. I have staggered my upload intervals: WU = 5 minutes, PWS-7, WB=8, CWOP=9 and WOW=11 minute interval
5. Started CumulusMX at 9:20 with UseDavisLoop2=1 and Rapid Fire set in WU. After running for about 20 minutes I checked the sites:
WU was not updated
CWOP weas being updated but no Pressure shown
PWS, WOW and WB were not being uploaded.
MXdiags is attached.
Shut down CumulusMX.

6. Changed Cumulus.ini with WU Rapid Fire being 0 and restarted CumulusMX at about 10:05 then went and shovelled and used the snow blower for about an hour... When I came back in and checked:
WU was being updated every 5 minutes
CWOP was being updated every 9 minutes but no Pressure shown
PWS, WOW, WB were not being updated.
Shut down CumulusMX and MXdiags is attached.

In looking at the MXdiags I now get a little better understanding what is going on and what is being shown. From live data the only updates that appear are WU (which is now ok withouir RF) and CWOP (but without pressure). PWS, WOW and WB are not indicated that I can see.

I have also attached my Cumulus.ini (passwords removed).

Thanks for your continued efforts and assistance.
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Thanks Paul, that's great.

That's very old firmware, so won't support LOOP2. You'll need to set UseDavisLoop2=0 to get pressure sent to CWOP. It will be MSLP and CWOP actually require Altimeter, but unless you're at altitude it shouldn't make a great difference.

I think you have found a bug with the timings of your uploads. Only the intervals which are a factor of 60 are working - those 'synchronised' to the minutes on the clock. It looks like I've missed out the code to run the updates at intervals like 7 and 11 minutes. I'll have a fix shortly.
Steve
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Note: about the sending of MSLP to CWOP: I think I had to change the code to do that and I don't think it's in the released version.
Steve
PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

Hi Steve,
Wanted to report that I changed to UseDavisLoop2=0 and set the intervals for all sites to 5 min and ALL IS OK.

Just noticed the new build and will install that in a little while.

Great work,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

b3007
You likely already know, using UseDavisLoop2=1 in b3007 with my old Davis firmware 1.75 also does not show Pressure in CWOP but with it as UseDavisLoop2=0 then all is good.

I also tried to set PWS to 7 minute interval (not a multiple of 60) and updates did not work in b3007. Setting it to 5 min and all is ok.

There have been a couple of missed uploads in WU, CWOP and WOW but that was at around a 5 minute mark when I shut down Cumulus1 and start CumulusMX and those updates likely missed because of the shut down/start around the normal update time. I think I have seen that in the past.

Looking at the MXdiags I see this -
2015-01-12 15:13:17.798 System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at System.Convert.ToInt32(String value)
at CumulusMX.WeatherStation.GetLogfile(String date, String draw, Int32 start, Int32 length) in File5:line 7691

Could that be something in my settings? MXdiags attached.

Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

PaulMy wrote:Looking at the MXdiags I see this -
2015-01-12 15:13:17.798 System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at System.Convert.ToInt32(String value)
at CumulusMX.WeatherStation.GetLogfile(String date, String draw, Int32 start, Int32 length) in File5:line 7691
It's a problem with the requested log file date. Are you pressing 'load' without selecting a date? I can cause that message to be logged in the diags file by doing that.

I'll investigate the WU etc update interval issue - thanks.
Steve
PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

Yes, I may have pushed "Load" initially then realize I need to select a date, and that may have happened a few times.

Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+