Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Gauges not being displayed correctly on website

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

Safety
Weather Station: Davis Pro
Operating System: Windows 11

Gauges not being displayed correctly on website

Post by Safety »

Hi
Could some kind person take a look at http://www.dfweather.co.uk/CumulusMX/gauges.htm and point me to why I am not displaying the gauges correctly.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Gauges not being displayed correctly on website

Post by steve »

There are two problems. The first is that there are missing instructions; I had assumed that people would be familiar with setting up the SteelSeries gauges, clearly this isn't true for everyone. There is a file called realtimegaugesT.txt in the supplied web folder. You need to add it to the 'extra files' configuration to get Cumulus to process it and upload it.
Local = <path to the CumulusMX web folder>\realtimegaugesT.txt
Remote = <path on your ftp server to where your web pages are/realtimegauges.txt
and select Process, Realtime and FTP.

The second problem is that you are missing a CSS file on your site: css/gauges-ss.css - you should find this in the Cumulus MX distribution in the webfiles folder.

You are also missing the CSS file for the graphs.
Steve
Safety

Post by Safety »

Thank you for the feedback . I have attached a screen dump regarding missing file on my site as you can see it was uploaded unless i am missing something. Also your comment regarding missing the css file for the graphs could you elaborate what file?

I will work through the realtime...upload issue now.

Thank you , and thank you for all the work you have undertaken for all of us.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
duke

Post by duke »

The 'css directory you have created needs to be 'css' and not 'CSS' - case sensitive.
Safety

Post by Safety »

Thank you for the replay. From your advice one step nearer , as you can see now need to work out what else needs to be corrected.
Safety

Post by Safety »

As you can see I still have not been able to get this working, If a file called realtimeguages.txt should be in the same file area of my website as gauges.htm it is not anywhere to be seen. I have attached some screen dumps of my setting configurations. Note I cannot see a save button on the "extra files" tab
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

You appear to be using free hosting. It is likely that they don't support .txt files. To get around this, you could use a different (supported) extension for the file in the remote box, and modify the gauges.js file on the web site to look for the new file name. Change this line:

realTimeURL_Cumulus: 'realtimegauges.txt', //*** Cumulus Users: Change to your location of the realtime file ***
Steve
Safety

Post by Safety »

Just for the record I use http://www.freevirtualservers.com/lite-web-hosting

Could you confirm this was your intention?
By using the xx.jpg extension I can now see the file in the same website area as the gauges.htm file.
I have attached a screen dump of the file path of my updated remote file path.
You also required me to modify
// The realtime files should be absolute paths, "/xxx.txt" refers to the public root of your web server
realTimeURL_Cumulus: "/public_html/CumulusMX/realtimegauges.jpg", //*** Cumulus Users: Change to your location of the realtime file ***

in the Scripts/gauges.js file
Have I understood you correctly?
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Yes, that's right. You might need to experiment with the file extension, .jpg might cause the server to send it in a way that the javascript doesn't like. Mark might be able to offer advice.
Steve
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

The first thing I would try is actually the correct file extension to use, ".json" That should have a mime type of "application/json" on your server.
Safety

Post by Safety »

Thank you Mark for your feedback.
I have updated the remote file path thus /public_html/CumulusMX/realtimegauges.json and can be seen within the website.

Updated the gauge file to reflect the path as a string "/public_html/CumulusMX/realtimegauges.json"

However as you can still see I have a problems still ** Text file download corrupted retrying ** looking at the file that has been exported it states 1.4kb and you can see the modified time-stamp altering.
What am I over looking?
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Your gauges.js is still looking for the original filename.

http://www.dfweather.co.uk/CumulusMX/scripts/gauges.js

realTimeURL_Cumulus: 'realtimegauges.txt', //*** Cumulus Users: Change to your location of the realtime file ***
Steve
Safety

Post by Safety »

Thank you for getting back.

Obviously got confused as I updated the gauges.js in the /media/usb/CumulusMXDist/webfiles/scrips/

I have now updated the gauges.js file as per **realTimeURL_Cumulus: "/public_html/CumulusMX/realtimegauges.json", ** in the public_html/CumulusMX/scripts.

However as you can see now get HTTP request Failed error not found
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

realTimeURL_Cumulus: "/public_html/CumulusMX/realtimegauges.json", //*** Cumulus Users: Change to your location of the realtime file ***

Instead of just changing the extension from txt to json, i.e,

realTimeURL_Cumulus: 'realtimegauges.json', //*** Cumulus Users: Change to your location of the realtime file ***

you have replaced the whole thing with a path in the filesystem on the server. JavaScript runs in the browser, not on the server, and any references you put in a script have to be to something that a browser can retrieve using http. The browser doesn't know anything about the setup of your filestore, e.g. the public_html directory. The change you have made means that a browser will now try to load http://www.dfweather.co.uk/public_html/ ... auges.json, which (correctly) gives a 'not found'.
Steve
Safety

Post by Safety »

Thank you , thank you for all the help.
I had tried different centext but just could not get it to work, so just copied and pasted the whole line that you sent and it all worked.

:D