Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Files update as .txttmp

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Files update as .txttmp

Post by PaulMy »

Updated to b3004
Noticed that the realtime.txt file appeared on my webhost as realtime.txttmp and also another file as CCdata.phptmp
The extra setting is:
ExtraLocal2=C:\added_programs\Cumulus\web\CCdataT.php
ExtraRemote2=weather/CCdata.php
ExtraProcess2=1
ExtraBinary2=0
ExtraRealtime2=1
ExtraFTP2=1
ExtraUTF2=0

I deleted CCdata.php and it did not upload again either as CCdata.php or CCdata.phptmp

While the realtime.txttmp was on the webhost the new gauges (gauges-ss) had current data but not updating and the timer stayed at 0. The weather text ticker was displaying. The Windrose gauge is not complete but all the other gauges display fine, other than not updating.

All the other extra processing and updating were ok.

I am still having problem getting the trend charts to display on my site (ok in dashboard) - have uploaded all the \webfiles\ folders and files in like folders in my /weather/ folder.

I have looked at the MXdiags file (attached) and there are lots of errors, some pertaining to that CUdata.phptmp error. Could those .json errors be related to a realtime.txt upload issue and the trends charts not displaying? (Sorry, one of the diags files was before I turned off processing/updating the obe.htm file which is causing a lot of time/date issues and long diags file.)
Error at line 2265 of dayfile.txt: Input string was not in a correct format.
Line 2065 seems to be ok in all fields when I look at it from Cumulus editor.

Anything I can look at further to identify the cause?

Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Files update as .txttmp

Post by steve »

The dayfile.txt problem is likely to be caused by a bug where it was using local time formats in a previous fix. You should be able to spot those and correct them - times need to be in HH:mm format.

The files get uploaded to the website with a 'tmp' suffix if you have 'rename' set (it's a good idea to have that set if your server supports it). But it looks like you may also have 'delete before upload' set? Those two settings do not work well together.
Steve