Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

A Praise

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

hmiller
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Wireless
Operating System: Raspberry Pi Model B

A Praise

Post by hmiller »

I have ran Cumulus for a few years now and had it on an HP server in my home. I own a small (dying ISP). I had decided to oust the servers, to save on the power bill, and outsource things on a VPS so I wanted to utilize my spare Raspberry PI for the task of collecting my weather data. I went with WDConsole for the PI but constantly had problems with it losing my historical data when the power went out or even rebooted. We live in a rural area where this is common. Tonight I have installed CumulusMX on my remaining server that will go away soon. I already had Cumulus running here so retaining my historical data was a breeze. After configuring things for my VPS I'm happy to say it is up and running on Window Server 2012. Tomorrow if I have time I will move it to my PI and see how it goes. So far I am very happy and impressed. I really prefer Cumulus over other softwares. Thank you Steve for creating this.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: A Praise

Post by steve »

Thanks for that. At this stage in a new product most of the comments are obviously going to be bug reports, that's what the beta testing is all about. But it can get depressing after a while with so many problems to resolve, and you start to wonder if all of your hard work over the last year was really worth it!
Steve
duke

Post by duke »

You shouldn't be depressed Steve, you should be very proud of yourself and your hard work. Cumulus now has an innovative, fresh, modern feel and is light years ahead of the others IMO.

Thanks for the continued effort and support of a great product. I'm sure others appreciate it as much as I do.
tumutbound
Weather Station: WH1081
Operating System: Linux, Raspberry Pi (Wheezy)

Post by tumutbound »

:clap: :clap:

Two thumbs up from me too

It looks great and for beta software, is surprisingly stable, and it works on a Raspberry Pi! What's not to like?
My weather
CumulusMX (3036)
Raspberry Pi: Wheezy
FineOffset WH1081
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Hear, hear! MX is looking like a winner to me, well done Steve. :clap:

Chin up, and don't try and don't feel under pressure to fix everything immediately.
swyman18
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Ubuntu Server 14.04

Post by swyman18 »

Agreed on what everyone above said. As I mentioned in another thread, being able to run Cumulus on Linux based systems is an absolute game changer for me.

Believe me, I know what it's like to log in each morning at work and get overwhelmed by issues and bug reports. The only thing is, this is not your main job, it's a hobby. So take things at your own pace. You've done an amazing job so far!

-Scott
Adrian Hudson
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Win 7

Post by Adrian Hudson »

Quite frankly I am totally impressed!! I meant to create a note remarking on this but hmiller beat me to it.

Converting a program like Cumulus to a whole new platform and having the trivial bugs you have had is pretty darned amazing in my experience.

Don't get disheartened. Know that there are a bunch of testers here that think you have done a fine job!!
thecivvie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Raspberry Pi

Post by thecivvie »

like hmiller I also ran WDconsole with my Fine Offset and gave up, with data loss after rebooting 2 or 3 times, I tested pywws but when I saw MX was available, I jumped in with both feet :)

You are doing a fantastic job, I think that you should be rightly proud of your achievements
duke

Post by duke »

mcrossley wrote: and don't feel under pressure.
Definitely not, take it from someone whose been there....
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

I feel the lurve...
Steve
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

I add my praise to Steve as well. Some of my posts are primarily in an effort to help others with maybe similar issue as we advance with this beta testing.

Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm