Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

realtime.txt is always transferred [Partial fix in b3003]

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

realtime.txt is always transferred [Partial fix in b3003]

Post by mcrossley »

OK, I successfully updated to b3002 on the Win7 box, so I updated the RPi and moved the FO over to that.

With Windows 7 I just copy 'extra files' locally on the C: drive to the web server folder, with the RPi I will have to FTP the files, so...

Changed the extra file settings from local paths to FTP paths and enabled realtime updates, and realtime FTP, did not enable FTP of realtime.txt.

Problem is the realtime.txt file gets FTP'd every realtime interval.

Code: Select all

AutoUpdate=0
ActiveFTP=1
EnableRealtime=1
RealtimeFTPEnabled=1
RealtimeTxtFTP=0
RealtimeInterval=10000
Tried toggling the realtime.txt FTP option, it has no effect. Toggling realtime FTP does stop/start all the FTP.

Note, in the diag file, first I had not added an FTP rule to the firewall so CMX would not connect, then I found Filezilla FTP server does not seem to support file renames to files that already exist, hence the errors at the start.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by mcrossley on Tue 06 Jan 2015 11:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: realtime.txt is always transferred?

Post by steve »

Thanks - I'll fix that in the next build.
Steve
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: realtime.txt is always transferred? [Fixed in b3003]

Post by mcrossley »

Confirmed fixed in b3003. Thanks Steve. Now running on my RPi FTPing to my other Cumulus box.
swyman18
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Ubuntu Server 14.04

Post by swyman18 »

I think I'm seeing the opposite issue in build 3003. My realtime.txt FTP stopped working, and I noticed that it got disabled in the setup screen. I attempted to re-enable and it says Settings Updated but it always shows disabled.

I had to manually enable it in the Cumulus.ini. It stays enabled as long as I don't go into the internet settings screen and try to change anything there, as soon as I do it sets the RealtimeTxtFTP entry back to 0.
Adrian Hudson
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Win 7

Post by Adrian Hudson »

swyman18 wrote:I think I'm seeing the opposite issue in build 3003. My realtime.txt FTP stopped working, and I noticed that it got disabled in the setup screen. I attempted to re-enable and it says Settings Updated but it always shows disabled.

I had to manually enable it in the Cumulus.ini. It stays enabled as long as I don't go into the internet settings screen and try to change anything there, as soon as I do it sets the RealtimeTxtFTP entry back to 0.
I concur. Same here.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: realtime.txt is always transferred? [Fixed in b3003 - ma

Post by steve »

Thanks - sounds like a problem with that item being transferred between the browser and the server - wrong name perhaps. So now it's actually using the setting, the upload is being disabled.
Steve