Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Wrong port

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

Adrian Hudson
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Win 7

Re: Wrong port

Post by Adrian Hudson »

water01 wrote:
It uploads all files normally and my website is working fine - so far - I am VERY IMPRESSED by that!!.
Adrian, does your site use php web tags i.e. cumuluswebtags.php
No, my site uses the Saratoga-weather templates. It doesn't appear to use that file.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Adrian Hudson wrote:I can't figure out what is wrong with the update button on the station settings page.
Are the borders on that form red, by any chance? If so, it thinks something is invalid (which may be a bug in itself).

When I get chance to breathe, I'll add that to the FAQ, and then see if I can make the button complain rather than silently sulking.
Steve
Adrian Hudson

Post by Adrian Hudson »

steve wrote:Are the borders on that form red, by any chance? If so, it thinks something is invalid (which may be a bug in itself)...
Yes, indeed, the borders on the input fields are red on the Station Settings form.

By the way, build 3001 fixed the "Data Log Viewer" Load button. (I think 3001 fixed it - at least it wasn't working with the first version but it is now.

All other screens (Now, Today/Yesterday etc) working too - but you knew that I am sure.

Also - Build 3001 is still logging at 5 minutes interval despite the ini file saying 10 mins
Adrian Hudson

Post by Adrian Hudson »

Found it (why I can't save the main station settings). You explaining the significance of the red borders - that I had not noticed - 'cos they are rather thin - gave it away.

The YTD Rain was negative. Its always been this way since I set Cumulus up for the first time - I cant remember exactly why but I had it set to -0.2(ish) to get things to tally I think.

Anyway, 0.2mm is neither here nor there in the scheme of things so I have set it to 0 and now it saves fine.

So, my bugs at the moment are
1. remote services not updating (Wunderground, CWOP, WOW etc)
2. Logging is ignoring the frequency setting in the ini file and saving every 5 mins despite ini file saying 10 mins
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Adrian Hudson wrote:1. remote services not updating (Wunderground, CWOP, WOW etc)
If you stop Cumulus and turn on the debug logging by adding a line "Logging=1" to the [Station] section of Cumulus.ini, it will log the attempted uploads in the MXdiags file (or there may be an error message indicating why it isn't doing the uploads).
Steve
Adrian Hudson

Post by Adrian Hudson »

No idea why the weather services were not uploading. They all seem to be working fine now (Build 3002)