Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Now Weather eden has got messed up!

Discussion of Jacques DesRoches's web site templates

Moderator: JacquesD

tomcatuk
Weather Station: ----> Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10 20H2 19042.685

Now Weather eden has got messed up!

Post by tomcatuk »

Been having a problem since they migrated my website to a new server with Wordpress and memory limit's, they gave me a fix which I did not understand so they did it for me which now works, I'm able to log onto wordpress again.... but now Weather Eden has got screwed up WTF???

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for 'CDT/-5.0/DST' instead in /home/tomcat76/public_html/furball.co.uk/weatherlive/eden/index.php on line 74

It's been working fine up to this point, I have emailed them to ask if what they did would cause this....
Anyone know what I could check, bearing in mind I don't really have the knowledge to start playing around with php stuff...

As to what they did on the server this is what they said to do....

You will need to increase the PHP memory value your website uses.
To change the memory limit for one specific script by including a line such as this at the top of the script:

ini_set('memory_limit','40M');

The 40M sets the limit to 40 megabytes (41943040 Bytes). If this doesn't work, keep increasing the memory limit until your script fits.
You can also make this change permanently for all PHP scripts running on the server by adding a line like this to the server's php.ini file:

memory_limit = 40M
Create a file under public_html and name it php.ini (if you do not have one yet.)

You will then need to add this line to a .htaccess file: (Please replace 'yourusername' with your cpanel user name an add to the end of the command line the folder(s) to the location of the php.ini file - Also there is a space between path and /home)

suPHP_ConfigPath /home/Yourusername/public_html

Now your PHP memory limit should be increased.

Which I presume they did because it works but seems a coincident that the America/Chicago has appeared on the error as that's where the web host is, or is it a bug with eden?
Regards Steve
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Now Weather eden has got messed up!

Post by steve »

Try putting

date.timezone = Europe/London

in your php.ini file.
Steve
gemini06720
Weather Station: No weather station
Operating System: No operating system

Post by gemini06720 »

Very unlikely Steve (tomcatuk) has and will have access to the configuration file for PHP.

The error or rather the warning is to indicate that the 'date.timezone' in the PHP configuration file has not been setup. But the warning should not stop the rest of the page from displaying.

The only feasible (easy) solution would be to add 'date_default_timezone_set('Europe/London');' somewhere at the beginning of one of the a PHP template, more likely the 'index.php' template - adding the 'date_default_timezone_set' function will set the default timezone used by all date/time functions in a script.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

gemini06720 wrote:Very unlikely Steve (tomcatuk) has and will have access to the configuration file for PHP.
My understanding of the first post is that Steve now has a php.ini file in the root of his web space. I think he probably has access to this ;)
Create a file under public_html and name it php.ini (if you do not have one yet.)

You will then need to add this line to a .htaccess file: (Please replace 'yourusername' with your cpanel user name an add to the end of the command line the folder(s) to the location of the php.ini file - Also there is a space between path and /home)

suPHP_ConfigPath /home/Yourusername/public_html
Steve
gemini06720
Weather Station: No weather station
Operating System: No operating system

Post by gemini06720 »

Steve, indeed, Steve (tomcatuk) might be able to create a new PHP configuration file in the root directory of his server (not something I would recommend for any unknowledgeable operator), but also, he has to modify the '.htaccess' (also in the root directory) to point to that new local PHP configuration file. :|

Please, note Steve (tomcatuk) comment: "bearing in mind I don't really have the knowledge to start playing around with php stuff..." :roll:

Thus, the supplied easy (easier) solution... :mrgreen:
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

At the risk of repeating myself, as I understand it, Steve already has a php.ini file, so he doesn't need to create one. And his .htaccess file has already been modified to reference that file. As indicated in the first post.

If editing a file called php.ini and fixing the problem properly is harder than editing a file called index.php, for a person who doesn't want to start playing around with php stuff, then I guess I give up at this point, I'm clearly not knowledgeable enough to help. I can read, though.
Steve
tomcatuk
Weather Station: ----> Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10 20H2 19042.685

Post by tomcatuk »

Thanks for the reply, Steve I followed your simple step of adding that to the php.ini file and it seems to have worked, but I can only assume it was something they did to the .htaccess file but as to what I've no idea, or because they put that ini file maybe it took preference over 'another' one I've no idea but it seems to have worked.

Thanks to all for help.
Regards Steve