Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Weather eden template on-line

Discussion of Jacques DesRoches's web site templates

Moderator: JacquesD

tomcatuk
Weather Station: ----> Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10 20H2 19042.685

Weather eden template on-line

Post by tomcatuk »

Well I've managed to get weather Eden up and running.... well sort of.... can't figure out how to get the gauges to work though only just managed to get them to display, I've spotted a few errors on other pages... you can see it sort of working here.
http://www.furball.co.uk/weatherlive/eden/index.php

All I have done so far was to create a directory called eden and threw everything in there, followed Jacques instructions as best as I could and as you might tell I know nothing about web design, or the technical side of web pages...
I actually got stuck on some of his instructions, but getting there....
Regards Steve
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: Weather eden template on-line

Post by water01 »

My guess would be that you are not FTP uploading realtimegaugesT.txt and renaming it in Cumulus. It looks to be picking up a realtimeguages.txt file that is way out of date and presumably was uploaded as part of Jacques instructions.

This part of the SteelSeries Gauges explains what you have to do http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/SteelSerie ... ulus_Users

Just follow the instructions for the realtime file, nothing else.
David
tomcatuk

Post by tomcatuk »

water01 wrote:My guess would be that you are not FTP uploading realtimegaugesT.txt and renaming it in Cumulus. It looks to be picking up a realtimeguages.txt file that is way out of date and presumably was uploaded as part of Jacques instructions.

This part of the SteelSeries Gauges explains what you have to do http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/SteelSerie ... ulus_Users

Just follow the instructions for the realtime file, nothing else.
Hi David, thanks for the info, I think I totally missed that line somehow.. well it's updating now but only seems to update every 15 minutes the time that cumulus is set to update so not sure what else I have missed Duh!
Beginning to wonder if this was a good move by me :cry:
Regards Steve
water01

Post by water01 »

OK I think you missed a parameter from the Wiki set up in my previous post

Realtime = Yes

This will cause Cumulus to upload the file every 30 seconds which is the default.

The other possibility is that you have not told Cumulus to process Realtime. That setting is in Cumulus, click on Configuration, then Internet and in the window that appears look in Web Settings (in the middle at the top) and check that you have ticks in Enable Realtime, Enable Realtime FTP and Realtime.txt FTP and the Realtime Interval is set to the default of 30 seconds (that matches your gauges refresh).
David
tomcatuk

Post by tomcatuk »

water01 wrote:OK I think you missed a parameter from the Wiki set up in my previous post

Realtime = Yes

This will cause Cumulus to upload the file every 30 seconds which is the default.

The other possibility is that you have not told Cumulus to process Realtime. That setting is in Cumulus, click on Configuration, then Internet and in the window that appears look in Web Settings (in the middle at the top) and check that you have ticks in Enable Realtime, Enable Realtime FTP and Realtime.txt FTP and the Realtime Interval is set to the default of 30 seconds (that matches your gauges refresh).
Thanks David, you were 100% on that I completely missed the real time 'yes' command, the only thing that is not set is the 30 seconds, I had originally 300 and now set to 120 as I'm sure if I have it quicker it don't upload, can't remember the reason maybe just a slow ftp website..
Regards Steve
water01

Post by water01 »

And it works, well done, so its not hard really :D :D :D

At the risk of getting you totally confused I think if you are going to have a realtime update time of 120 secs you ought really to change the SteelSeries gauges refresh to 120 secs as well.

In a normal gauges install this would be set in gauges.js in the piece of code at the top where you set your site variables, I would assume that Jacques would keep that the same but I do not know that for definite.

If it is standard then you should change this

Code: Select all

counter           : 60,   
to this

Code: Select all

counter           : 120,   
David
tomcatuk

Post by tomcatuk »

Hi David, I have changed the timing in cumulus to 60 seconds and I think its working ok, can't remember for sure as it was a few years ago and I've changed hosts since then but sure I was getting a warning saying something about uploading....

Now I'm not sure on this but just enable ftp logging in cumulus and looking at the realtimeftplog.txt timings from start to finish took 7 seconds to upload, so maybe this is ok now.
Regards Steve
water01

Post by water01 »

Certainly looks like the problem is solved with your new host as that is quick enough to bring it down to the standard 30 seconds.
David
tomcatuk

Post by tomcatuk »

Well all seemed to be going well.... now I had a message from my host ".....migrating your hosting account..." and now nothing is getting uploaded, the only way I can get the web files uploaded was by selecting "use active ftp mode" well that seemed to fix the web pages being updated but for some reason the realtime gauges are not being updated....
Think I'll give up....
Regards Steve
water01

Post by water01 »

Don't do that, and don't use active ftp as that does not help.

If they have migrated your site to a different server they should either have sent you a new hostname, login and password or you should contact them and tell them since you got the migrating message you have been unable to login using FTP and they should give you the relevant information.

Then it is just a question of editing the data held by Cumulus in Configuration / Internet Settings to match the hostname, login and Password. You might even find you have been put on a faster server!!
David
tomcatuk

Post by tomcatuk »

Hi David, their reply was....
You need to turn on Active Mode in your FTP for it work with this server
Regards Steve
water01

Post by water01 »

Oh OK that is unusual, most hosting systems don't require that. In that case you must follow their instructions.

I see you are back up and running now so that worked.

If you want to find out more about Passive v Active this is quite a good write up http://slacksite.com/other/ftp.html !!

The pros and cons are interesting, obviously your hosting company is looking at it from their point of view rather than their clients!!
Last edited by water01 on Wed 20 Mar 2013 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David
tomcatuk

Post by tomcatuk »

Hi David, yes thank gawd it's all working again.... No idea why they changed the FTP setup, the the tech side of that is all a bit above me I'm afraid...
Regards Steve