Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.5 (build 3282) - 23 February 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

weather blues 2 questions

Discussion of Jacques DesRoches's web site templates

Moderator: JacquesD

fastbysuzuki
Weather Station: davis vantage pro 2 cabled
Operating System: windows 10 64bit

weather blues 2 questions

Post by fastbysuzuki »

Hi I am trying to learn php I have a test site as of yet no data going to it and I have two questions to ask please where can I edit the text
"The weather station in use is the Davis Vantage Pro2, and these pages are updated every 10 minutes
The meteorological day used at this station ends a 9 am." on the index.php page I have searched through god knows how many pages I cannot find it anywhere.
also I would like to remove "humidex" and "sun up" from showing on the index.php page.
any help would be appreciated.
I have asked on the weather by you forum but had no reply's.
uncle_bob
Weather Station: WeatherDuino Pro2
Operating System: 2008

Re: weather blues 2 questions

Post by uncle_bob »

fastbysuzuki wrote:Hi I am trying to learn php I have a test site as of yet no data going to it and I have two questions to ask please where can I edit the text
"The weather station in use is the Davis Vantage Pro2, and these pages are updated every 10 minutes
The meteorological day used at this station ends a 9 am." on the index.php page I have searched through god knows how many pages I cannot find it anywhere.
Those options are pulled from the Cumulus station settings.
also I would like to remove "humidex" and "sun up" from showing on the index.php page.
any help would be appreciated.
It's been a while since I used the Weather Blues template but you will need to find the references in the php code.
BTW, Notepad + is great for this stuff so you can open all the pages code at once and search them all for any text string.
Interested in building your own Weather Station? Maybe check out the WeatherDuino Pro Project Here
Conder, Canberra Weather
fastbysuzuki

Post by fastbysuzuki »

Hi thanks for the reply, am I right or wrong in assuming the values are taken from cumulus as in the highlighted parts here
"The weather station in use is the Davis Vantage Pro 2 these pages are updated every 10 minutes. The meteorological day used at this station ends at 10am.
I would like to add "Please check the date & time below to ensure information is current."

but I cannot find the text The weather station in use is the ---- these pages are updated every ------ The meteorological day used at this station ends at ----
the only place I have located it is in the indexT.htm but this file is not processed when using wb2
I searched via notepad all the likely php pages looking for the string "the weather station* with no results stumped now! :bash:
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

indexT.htm is the template file that Cumulus processes and uploads as index.htm. All changes should be made in these template files so they are kept and not overwritten in the next upload, so make your changes there.
David
uncle_bob
Weather Station: WeatherDuino Pro2
Operating System: 2008

Post by uncle_bob »

fastbysuzuki wrote:Hi thanks for the reply, am I right or wrong in assuming the values are taken from cumulus as in the highlighted parts here
"The weather station in use is the Davis Vantage Pro 2 these pages are updated every 10 minutes. The meteorological day used at this station ends at 10am.
I would like to add "Please check the date & time below to ensure information is current."

but I cannot find the text The weather station in use is the ---- these pages are updated every ------ The meteorological day used at this station ends at ----
the only place I have located it is in the indexT.htm but this file is not processed when using wb2
I searched via notepad all the likely php pages looking for the string "the weather station* with no results stumped now! :bash:
Like I said. Those text fields are in the Cumulus Station Settings menu item. Change them in there and the webtag will update.
Interested in building your own Weather Station? Maybe check out the WeatherDuino Pro Project Here
Conder, Canberra Weather
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

I searched via notepad all the likely php pages looking for the string "the weather station* with no results stumped now
I don't use the WB template but if the standard Cumulus files, including indexT.htm file, are not uploaded (unticked Use Standard Files) for the WB template then there must be a similar file in WB that will have that string.

The View Source of your WB site looks nearly identical to the Cumulus standard files so if that is not the standard Cumulus indexT.htm it is a near like copy of it.

Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

fastbysuzuki

Post by fastbysuzuki »

Hi thanks for the reply yes the "include standard files" has to be unticked and "include standard images" (ticked) will carry on searching :|
PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

I have just downloaded the WB zip and extracted. I see there is a similar indexT, etc. in the web folder and in indexT.htm

Code: Select all

<!-- content begins -->
		<div class="cont_top"></div>
		<div id="content">
			<div class="razd_lr_h">
				<div id="left_h">
					<h1 style="padding-top:15px">Welcome to <#longlocation></h1>
					<p>The weather station in use is the <#stationtype>, and these pages are updated every <#interval> minutes.<br />The meteorological day used at this station ends at <#rollovertime>.
					</p>
					<br />
					<h1>Forecast : <span style="color: #000"><#forecast></span></h1><br />
					<!-- WEATHER DATA BEGIN -->
That is where you would edit. Presumably you would have these files being processed and FTP by Cumulus through the extra Files settings.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+

PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

Sorry, I may have misled. My first attempt was downloading an older version of WB. Doing a download of V.2.2b I see it has changed quite a bit. I think your answer is in the \lang\text_standard_en.php lines 335, etc. and then in index.php lines 83 to 93

$Tr_ind_station = "The weather station in use is the  ";
$Tr_ind_update = "and these pages are updated every ";
$Tr_ind_mday = "The meteorological day used at this station ends a";

<!-- content begins -->
		<div class="cont_top"></div>
		<div id="content">
			<div class="razd_lr_h">
				<div id="left_h">
					<h1 style="padding-top:15px"><?php echo $Tr_welcome.' '.$Tr_station; ?></h1>
					<p><?php echo $Tr_ind_station.' '.$stationtype.', '.$Tr_ind_update.' '.$interval.' '.$Tr_minutes.'<br />'.$Tr_ind_mday.' '.$rollovertime; ?>.
					</p>
					<br />
					<h1><?php echo $Tr_forecast; ?> : <span style="color: #000"><?php echo $forecast; ?></span></h1><br />
					<!-- WEATHER DATA INCLUSION -->
I am not knowledgeable with PHP so not sure what or how you would edit those.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+

PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

Checking your http://ncirossallpoint.co.uk/weather/ and looks like you've found it and got it changed.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+

fastbysuzuki

Post by fastbysuzuki »

Hi, thanks again for the reply it's looks like you have found it as you say I will have to look into how to add to it.
You are looking at out present weather site that is weather blues 1 ( the HTML edition) the one I am working on is a test site and has no data going to it http://www.ncirossallpoint.co.uk/test/index.php