Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.5 (build 3282) - 23 February 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

$ET Cumulus Evotaspurazione

Discussion of Jacques DesRoches's web site templates

Moderator: JacquesD

MeteoBisignano
Weather Station: wh3080
Operating System: windows

$ET Cumulus Evotaspurazione

Post by MeteoBisignano »

I recently purchased the station wh 3080 with solar sensors but I can not get to calculate the value of ET daily .. because if you can solve the problem?
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: $ET Cumulus Evotaspurazione

Post by steve »

ET is only available from Davis stations.
Steve
MeteoBisignano

Post by MeteoBisignano »

steve wrote:ET is only available from Davis stations.

with solar sensors should also be possible with this station anyway
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Whether it's possible or not is irrelevant. Your station does not supply it, only Davis stations do. Cumulus does not calculate it, it reads it from the station. Perhaps one day I will look at writing the code to calculate it. That day will not be soon - sorry.
Steve
MeteoBisignano

Post by MeteoBisignano »

steve wrote:Whether it's possible or not is irrelevant. Your station does not supply it, only Davis stations do. Cumulus does not calculate it, it reads it from the station. Perhaps one day I will look at writing the code to calculate it. That day will not be soon - sorry.
not meant to have davis or not ... the shortage is in softwere :clap:
the station is ok ... the problem is that Cumulus is not able to calculate
I hope that will solve soon to resolve this lack :lol:
MeteoBisignano

Post by MeteoBisignano »

even if that day will not be too soon I live always :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm sorry because it is a huge lack
Well done the same for the job :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
BCJKiwi
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Cabled
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Post by BCJKiwi »

From the Davis manual;
The Vantage Pro2 uses air temperature, relative humidity, average wind speed, and
solar radiation data to estimate ET, which is calculated once an hour on the hour. ET
requires the optional solar radiation sensor.
So if you have all these data points coming from your station, Wikipedia and other sources have formulae if you want to calculate it yourself.
There are very complex to very simplistic formulae to choose from with expected useful to not-so-useful results!
PHP provides for some quite complex math - again check out options from the internet.
This paper appears to provide some insight http://www.zohrabsamani.com/research_ma ... samani.pdf

Self help is a wondrous thing.
MeteoBisignano

Post by MeteoBisignano »

GRAZIE :clap:
BCJKiwi wrote:From the Davis manual;
The Vantage Pro2 uses air temperature, relative humidity, average wind speed, and
solar radiation data to estimate ET, which is calculated once an hour on the hour. ET
So if you have all these data points coming from your station, Wikipedia and other sources have formulae if you want to calculate it yourself.
There are very complex to very simplistic formulae to choose from with expected useful to not-so-useful results!
PHP provides for some quite complex math - again check out options from the internet.
This paper appears to provide some insight http://www.zohrabsamani.com/research_ma ... samani.pdf

MeteoBisignano

Post by MeteoBisignano »

BCJKiwi wrote:From the Davis manual;

having all this data already acquired from the station because a calculation manual when you can integrate into cumulus? otherwise I will be waiting for news on installing a new softwere that allows me to get the figure of $ ET .... Thank you for your interest ..
PS in my area have spread many stations with solar sensorei just to calculate the $ ET very useful in agriculture
MeteoBisignano

Post by MeteoBisignano »

it's a shame not to have a program that can calcorate values ET much used in my area that lives mainly on agriculture.
I hope to see it implemented soon in a new version of softwere
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.