Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Changing Date Format in include-NOAA-reports.php?

Discussion of Ken True's web site templates

Moderator: saratogaWX

William Grimsley
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Re: Changing Date Format in include-NOAA-reports.php?

Post by William Grimsley »

water01 wrote:William, you haven't read what Ray said!!!! Of course the php will validate but in the circumstances when the month is not set or contains an invalid value the php will generate incorrect code and it will fail.

PHP validation cannot by it's very nature test all circumstances that could occur when testing is made on data, it can only test syntax as it exists with code submitted at validation.

So at some stage in the future if the condition you removed exists your code will fail.
I did read what Ray said...

I can't see how my code will fail? If it works now, then it will keep on working! ;)
RayProudfoot
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by RayProudfoot »

William Grimsley wrote:I can't see how my code will fail? If it works now, then it will keep on working! ;)
No it won't. If you haven't understood what Ray and water01 have said then you really should keep away from the code. You're just building up problems for yourself. :(
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

William Grimsley

RayProudfoot wrote:
William Grimsley wrote:I can't see how my code will fail? If it works now, then it will keep on working! ;)
No it won't. If you haven't understood what Ray and water01 have said then you really should keep away from the code. You're just building up problems for yourself. :(
How will it not? :(
RayProudfoot

Post by RayProudfoot »

William Grimsley wrote: How will it not? :(
Go back and read what David wrote in the message posted on 28 Feb 2013 08:51 on the first page.
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

William Grimsley

water01 wrote:but in the circumstances when the month is not set or contains an invalid value the php will generate incorrect code and it will fail.
So, which circumstances? When there is no month? Well, I can't see that happening.
duke

Post by duke »

William, there are a lot of people here trying to help you. They are giving you precise and correct information. More than that, some of the people in this thread are particularly advanced in 'PHP' and it's capabilities. You would do well to listen and take their advice.

I too like many here are learning 'PHP' and it's capabilities. It can be a steep learning curve.

May I suggest (insist), you install onto your 'PC' 'XAMPP'. Installing the 'Apache Web Server' is straight forward and the only way to see the errors in any code you produce. Just because your code produces the result you are seeking it does not mean the code is error free. XAMPP will, no doubt, speed your learning process and you can test HTML and CSS too (when set up correctly). I am sure there is a thread here somewhere about the installation of 'XAMPP' but I failed to find it. There is plenty of information on the web though. And, if that fails, come back here and ask (nicely) for help and listen.
William Grimsley

Hi Duke,

I'm thinking of using an apache server, but for so long (since November 2011) I've been using FileZilla, so making this move could be risky. Is it harder to use an apache server rather than FileZilla?

Thanks,

William
duke

Post by duke »

They are two different programs/utilities. FileZilla is used for uploading files to your 'hosts' web server. XAMPP is a web server on 'YOUR' PC for you to test/view locally and privately.

Spend a few minutes here
William Grimsley

Woah! Ok...that's a lot of information! :o
duke

Post by duke »

William Grimsley wrote:Woah! Ok...that's a lot of information! :o
I think you may now comprehend what we are trying to tell you.

Now take your time. ;)
William Grimsley

duke wrote:
William Grimsley wrote:Woah! Ok...that's a lot of information! :o
I think you may now comprehend what we are trying to tell you.

Now take your time. ;)
Hehe! :D
gemini06720
Weather Station: No weather station
Operating System: No operating system

Post by gemini06720 »

Young William, it might be time you take a break, a very long break... :roll:

Not only are you an obnoxious young man, you are also very arrogant and very pretentious - it might be time I 'officially' place a complaint to Steve Loft (the owner of this forum) to have you 'permanently banned' from the Cumulus forums.

So many people have tried to impress on you their knowledge, knowledge acquired through years of coding - but you seem to take those advices as pleasantries - you think you know everything, you think you are so knowledgeable - what a joke you have become!

Other than what has already been written about you, there are two other things (you are doing) that annoy me greatly :evil:
  • first, that you quote the full message just to reply with one word and,
    second, your overuse of 'emoticons' (incorrectly identified as smilies) - placing a emoticon at the end of a reply does not remove any of the sarcasm in that reply!

Congratulations, you have finally/officially been placed on my Cumulus forum foes1 list, the first one ... ever... :clap:

Note1: Foes are users which will be ignored by default. Posts by these users will not be fully visible. Personal messages from foes are still permitted but can be ignored.
RayProudfoot

Post by RayProudfoot »

Ray,

I think you're being very hard on him. Consideration has to be given to his age - 14. If his posts annoy you that much then just ignore them as you have indicated you will.

I suspect that if he doesn't heed the advice given then help may naturally dwindle over time.
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

William Grimsley

gemini06720 wrote:Young William, it might be time you take a break, a very long break... :roll:

Not only are you an obnoxious young man, you are also very arrogant and very pretentious - it might be time I 'officially' place a complaint to Steve Loft (the owner of this forum) to have you 'permanently banned' from the Cumulus forums.

So many people have tried to impress on you their knowledge, knowledge acquired through years of coding - but you seem to take those advices as pleasantries - you think you know everything, you think you are so knowledgeable - what a joke you have become!

Other than what has already been written about you, there are two other things (you are doing) that annoy me greatly :evil:
  • first, that you quote the full message just to reply with one word and,
    second, your overuse of 'emoticons' (incorrectly identified as smilies) - placing a emoticon at the end of a reply does not remove any of the sarcasm in that reply!

Congratulations, you have finally/officially been placed on my Cumulus forum foes1 list, the first one ... ever... :clap:

Note1: Foes are users which will be ignored by default. Posts by these users will not be fully visible. Personal messages from foes are still permitted but can be ignored.
Completely rediculous! Ignore my posts!
duke

Post by duke »

Hehe! :D
Not quite the reply I was expecting / hoping for :(