Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX release 3.9.0 (build 3095) - 09 October 2020 (please see announcement regarding releases since 3.5.0)
Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of the NOAA report and Snow Index drop-down menus to 2030)

Use this Wiki link to Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items).

Changing Date Format in include-NOAA-reports.php?

Discussion of Ken True's web site templates

Moderator: saratogaWX

User avatar
William Grimsley
Posts: 833
Joined: Thu 22 Sep 2011 5:22 pm
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Location: Latitude: 50.70189285 Longitude: -3.30849957
Contact:

Re: Changing Date Format in include-NOAA-reports.php?

Post by William Grimsley »

water01 wrote:William, you haven't read what Ray said!!!! Of course the php will validate but in the circumstances when the month is not set or contains an invalid value the php will generate incorrect code and it will fail.

PHP validation cannot by it's very nature test all circumstances that could occur when testing is made on data, it can only test syntax as it exists with code submitted at validation.

So at some stage in the future if the condition you removed exists your code will fail.
I did read what Ray said...

I can't see how my code will fail? If it works now, then it will keep on working! ;)

RayProudfoot
Posts: 2868
Joined: Wed 06 May 2009 6:29 pm
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows XP SP3
Location: Cheadle Hulme, Cheshire, England
Contact:

Re: Changing Date Format in include-NOAA-reports.php?

Post by RayProudfoot »

William Grimsley wrote:I can't see how my code will fail? If it works now, then it will keep on working! ;)
No it won't. If you haven't understood what Ray and water01 have said then you really should keep away from the code. You're just building up problems for yourself. :(
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

Image

User avatar
William Grimsley
Posts: 833
Joined: Thu 22 Sep 2011 5:22 pm
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Location: Latitude: 50.70189285 Longitude: -3.30849957
Contact:

Re: Changing Date Format in include-NOAA-reports.php?

Post by William Grimsley »

RayProudfoot wrote:
William Grimsley wrote:I can't see how my code will fail? If it works now, then it will keep on working! ;)
No it won't. If you haven't understood what Ray and water01 have said then you really should keep away from the code. You're just building up problems for yourself. :(
How will it not? :(

RayProudfoot
Posts: 2868
Joined: Wed 06 May 2009 6:29 pm
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows XP SP3
Location: Cheadle Hulme, Cheshire, England
Contact:

Re: Changing Date Format in include-NOAA-reports.php?

Post by RayProudfoot »

William Grimsley wrote: How will it not? :(
Go back and read what David wrote in the message posted on 28 Feb 2013 08:51 on the first page.
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

Image

User avatar
William Grimsley
Posts: 833
Joined: Thu 22 Sep 2011 5:22 pm
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Location: Latitude: 50.70189285 Longitude: -3.30849957
Contact:

Re: Changing Date Format in include-NOAA-reports.php?

Post by William Grimsley »

water01 wrote:but in the circumstances when the month is not set or contains an invalid value the php will generate incorrect code and it will fail.
So, which circumstances? When there is no month? Well, I can't see that happening.

User avatar
duke
Posts: 838
Joined: Sun 03 Jul 2011 6:23 pm
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus - 24hr FARS
Operating System: Windows 10 - 64 bit
Location: Eastleigh, Hampshire, UK
Contact:

Re: Changing Date Format in include-NOAA-reports.php?

Post by duke »

William, there are a lot of people here trying to help you. They are giving you precise and correct information. More than that, some of the people in this thread are particularly advanced in 'PHP' and it's capabilities. You would do well to listen and take their advice.

I too like many here are learning 'PHP' and it's capabilities. It can be a steep learning curve.

May I suggest (insist), you install onto your 'PC' 'XAMPP'. Installing the 'Apache Web Server' is straight forward and the only way to see the errors in any code you produce. Just because your code produces the result you are seeking it does not mean the code is error free. XAMPP will, no doubt, speed your learning process and you can test HTML and CSS too (when set up correctly). I am sure there is a thread here somewhere about the installation of 'XAMPP' but I failed to find it. There is plenty of information on the web though. And, if that fails, come back here and ask (nicely) for help and listen.
Duke

Nightingale Weather
Eastleigh, Hampshire, UK
------------------------------------------------------
Validate your pages - often!

User avatar
William Grimsley
Posts: 833
Joined: Thu 22 Sep 2011 5:22 pm
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Location: Latitude: 50.70189285 Longitude: -3.30849957
Contact:

Re: Changing Date Format in include-NOAA-reports.php?

Post by William Grimsley »

Hi Duke,

I'm thinking of using an apache server, but for so long (since November 2011) I've been using FileZilla, so making this move could be risky. Is it harder to use an apache server rather than FileZilla?

Thanks,

William

User avatar
duke
Posts: 838
Joined: Sun 03 Jul 2011 6:23 pm
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus - 24hr FARS
Operating System: Windows 10 - 64 bit
Location: Eastleigh, Hampshire, UK
Contact:

Re: Changing Date Format in include-NOAA-reports.php?

Post by duke »

They are two different programs/utilities. FileZilla is used for uploading files to your 'hosts' web server. XAMPP is a web server on 'YOUR' PC for you to test/view locally and privately.

Spend a few minutes here
Duke

Nightingale Weather
Eastleigh, Hampshire, UK
------------------------------------------------------
Validate your pages - often!

User avatar
William Grimsley
Posts: 833
Joined: Thu 22 Sep 2011 5:22 pm
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Location: Latitude: 50.70189285 Longitude: -3.30849957
Contact:

Re: Changing Date Format in include-NOAA-reports.php?

Post by William Grimsley »

Woah! Ok...that's a lot of information! :o

User avatar
duke
Posts: 838
Joined: Sun 03 Jul 2011 6:23 pm
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus - 24hr FARS
Operating System: Windows 10 - 64 bit
Location: Eastleigh, Hampshire, UK
Contact:

Re: Changing Date Format in include-NOAA-reports.php?

Post by duke »

William Grimsley wrote:Woah! Ok...that's a lot of information! :o
I think you may now comprehend what we are trying to tell you.

Now take your time. ;)
Duke

Nightingale Weather
Eastleigh, Hampshire, UK
------------------------------------------------------
Validate your pages - often!

User avatar
William Grimsley
Posts: 833
Joined: Thu 22 Sep 2011 5:22 pm
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Location: Latitude: 50.70189285 Longitude: -3.30849957
Contact:

Re: Changing Date Format in include-NOAA-reports.php?

Post by William Grimsley »

duke wrote:
William Grimsley wrote:Woah! Ok...that's a lot of information! :o
I think you may now comprehend what we are trying to tell you.

Now take your time. ;)
Hehe! :D

gemini06720
Posts: 1700
Joined: Mon 10 Aug 2009 10:16 pm
Weather Station: No weather station
Operating System: No operating system
Location: World...

Re: Changing Date Format in include-NOAA-reports.php?

Post by gemini06720 »

Young William, it might be time you take a break, a very long break... :roll:

Not only are you an obnoxious young man, you are also very arrogant and very pretentious - it might be time I 'officially' place a complaint to Steve Loft (the owner of this forum) to have you 'permanently banned' from the Cumulus forums.

So many people have tried to impress on you their knowledge, knowledge acquired through years of coding - but you seem to take those advices as pleasantries - you think you know everything, you think you are so knowledgeable - what a joke you have become!

Other than what has already been written about you, there are two other things (you are doing) that annoy me greatly :evil:
  • first, that you quote the full message just to reply with one word and,
    second, your overuse of 'emoticons' (incorrectly identified as smilies) - placing a emoticon at the end of a reply does not remove any of the sarcasm in that reply!

Congratulations, you have finally/officially been placed on my Cumulus forum foes1 list, the first one ... ever... :clap:

Note1: Foes are users which will be ignored by default. Posts by these users will not be fully visible. Personal messages from foes are still permitted but can be ignored.

RayProudfoot
Posts: 2868
Joined: Wed 06 May 2009 6:29 pm
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows XP SP3
Location: Cheadle Hulme, Cheshire, England
Contact:

Re: Changing Date Format in include-NOAA-reports.php?

Post by RayProudfoot »

Ray,

I think you're being very hard on him. Consideration has to be given to his age - 14. If his posts annoy you that much then just ignore them as you have indicated you will.

I suspect that if he doesn't heed the advice given then help may naturally dwindle over time.
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

Image

User avatar
William Grimsley
Posts: 833
Joined: Thu 22 Sep 2011 5:22 pm
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Location: Latitude: 50.70189285 Longitude: -3.30849957
Contact:

Re: Changing Date Format in include-NOAA-reports.php?

Post by William Grimsley »

gemini06720 wrote:Young William, it might be time you take a break, a very long break... :roll:

Not only are you an obnoxious young man, you are also very arrogant and very pretentious - it might be time I 'officially' place a complaint to Steve Loft (the owner of this forum) to have you 'permanently banned' from the Cumulus forums.

So many people have tried to impress on you their knowledge, knowledge acquired through years of coding - but you seem to take those advices as pleasantries - you think you know everything, you think you are so knowledgeable - what a joke you have become!

Other than what has already been written about you, there are two other things (you are doing) that annoy me greatly :evil:
  • first, that you quote the full message just to reply with one word and,
    second, your overuse of 'emoticons' (incorrectly identified as smilies) - placing a emoticon at the end of a reply does not remove any of the sarcasm in that reply!

Congratulations, you have finally/officially been placed on my Cumulus forum foes1 list, the first one ... ever... :clap:

Note1: Foes are users which will be ignored by default. Posts by these users will not be fully visible. Personal messages from foes are still permitted but can be ignored.
Completely rediculous! Ignore my posts!

User avatar
duke
Posts: 838
Joined: Sun 03 Jul 2011 6:23 pm
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus - 24hr FARS
Operating System: Windows 10 - 64 bit
Location: Eastleigh, Hampshire, UK
Contact:

Re: Changing Date Format in include-NOAA-reports.php?

Post by duke »

Hehe! :D
Not quite the reply I was expecting / hoping for :(
Duke

Nightingale Weather
Eastleigh, Hampshire, UK
------------------------------------------------------
Validate your pages - often!

Post Reply