Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Help needed

Discussion of Ken True's web site templates

Moderator: saratogaWX

kapo
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Windows 10

Help needed

Post by kapo »

Hi! I installed this template last evening / night. Can someone help me, how can I get those trends and reports to work? What`s wrong? I have tried to get them visible, but they just don`t work.. I really need advice in this.... :oops: :bash: http://www.kapo511.net/index.php
nitrx
Weather Station: WH1080

Re: Help needed

Post by nitrx »

kapo wrote:Hi! I installed this template last evening / night. Can someone help me, how can I get those trends and reports to work? What`s wrong? I have tried to get them visible, but they just don`t work.. I really need advice in this.... :oops: :bash: http://www.kapo511.net/index.php
Are you running the latest beta of Cumulus the site says Cumulus (1.9.0-b958) and your banner suggest the latest version strange ..
kapo

Post by kapo »

nitrx wrote:
kapo wrote:Hi! I installed this template last evening / night. Can someone help me, how can I get those trends and reports to work? What`s wrong? I have tried to get them visible, but they just don`t work.. I really need advice in this.... :oops: :bash: http://www.kapo511.net/index.php
Are you running the latest beta of Cumulus the site says Cumulus (1.9.0-b958) and your banner suggest the latest version strange ..
Yes. And same banner in one finnish forum goes to the saratoga template. And I watched Cumulus about: Version 1.9.3 Build 1057? And that link above goes too to the saratoga template? What have I done????
nitrx

Post by nitrx »

I'm not sure about this Ken know more about the template but it seems your tags aren't compatible or processed to the website you can see the values of your tags here these values are used by the templates. http://www.kapo511.net/CUtags.php?sce=dump

I think you've uploaded the example tags from the template but not proccessing your own tags local and upload them by cumulus. The ajax dashboard is processed by the realtimte.txt file this works fine as far as I can see.
kapo

Post by kapo »

nitrx wrote:I'm not sure about this Ken know more about the template but it seems your tags aren't compatible or processed to the website you can see the values of your tags here these values are used by the templates. http://www.kapo511.net/CUtags.php?sce=dump

I think you've uploaded the example tags from the template but not proccessing your own tags local and upload them by cumulus. The ajax dashboard is processed by the realtimte.txt file this works fine as far as I can see.
And what should I do (wrong) next? :oops:
nitrx

Post by nitrx »

Use the latest CUtags.txt let it process by cumumulus and ftp it by cumumulus to your webdirectory as CUtags.php . This should do the job.
kapo

Post by kapo »

nitrx wrote:Use the latest CUtags.txt let it process by cumumulus and ftp it by cumumulus to your webdirectory as CUtags.php . This should do the job.
Yep! Now it seems that trends are working. NOAA reports aren`t still working.... But A little bit help I have had. Tank You about it. Have You any suggestions about those NOAA reports to get visible???
nitrx

Post by nitrx »

I don't use that template but http://www.kapo511.net/Reports/ is an empty directory if there are no reports on the server it won't work.
saratogaWX
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro Plus
Operating System: Windows 10 Professional

Post by saratogaWX »

Kapo,
You may have to wait until after midnight local time for the Reports/ directory to have contents. Cumulus does the NOAA-style reports once daily after midnight.

Best regards,
Ken
kapo

Post by kapo »

saratogaWX wrote:Kapo,
You may have to wait until after midnight local time for the Reports/ directory to have contents. Cumulus does the NOAA-style reports once daily after midnight.

Best regards,
Ken
O.k.
And thanks to You. I`ll wait till tomorrow and watch then. I hope that I haven`t done something really bad to my directories, that they have corrupted... I`m really "handless" with these things.. But I`m learning a bit by bit I believe...
Best regards
Kapo
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

You have set the reports to be uploaded, on the NOAA setup screen in Cumulus, yes?
Steve
kapo

Post by kapo »

steve wrote:You have set the reports to be uploaded, on the NOAA setup screen in Cumulus, yes?
What a question! Ofcourse not!!! How do I do it? :oops:
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Go to Configuration -> NOAA setup. Tick 'Auto save after daily reset' and 'Auto FTP after auto save', and put the full path to your 'reports' directory on your ftp server in the 'FTP directory' box. Note that it doesn't use the FTP directory from the internet settings, you need to supply it here also (with 'Reports' on the end).
Steve
saratogaWX
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro Plus
Operating System: Windows 10 Professional

Post by saratogaWX »

Thanks for that reminder Steve!

Kapo:

You can also do a bit more configuration on your site by visiting http://saratoga-weather.org/wxtemplates/find-metar.php , inserting your latitude/longitude and receive the closest METAR to your location to replace the Settings-weather.php entry of

Code: Select all

$SITE['conditionsMETAR'] = 'KSJC';  // set to nearby METAR for current conditions icon/text
.. as it is right now, your conditions image/text is from MY nearby METAR (KSJC is in San Jose, CA, USA).

The same find-metar.php page produces the entries to use in the wxmetar.php page for you to replace the current contents of

// Metar(ICAO) | Name of station | dist-mi | dist-km | direction |
  'KSJC|San Jose, California, USA|9|14|NE|', // lat=37.3667,long=-121.9167, elev=24, dated=30-SEP-11
  'KNUQ|Moffett Nas/Mtn, California, USA|9|14|N|', // lat=37.4000,long=-122.0500, elev=12, dated=30-SEP-11
  'KPAO|Palo Alto, California, USA|14|23|NNW|', // lat=37.4667,long=-122.1167, elev=2, dated=30-SEP-11
  'KRHV|San Jose/Reid, California, USA|12|19|ENE|', // lat=37.3167,long=-121.8167, elev=41, dated=30-SEP-11
  'KOAK|Oakland, California, USA|31|50|NNW|', // lat=37.7000,long=-122.2167, elev=26, dated=30-SEP-11
  'KSQL|San Carlos Airpo, California, USA|21|34|NW|', // lat=37.5167,long=-122.2500, elev=1, dated=30-SEP-11
  'KSFO|San Francisco, California, USA|30|49|NW|', // lat=37.6167,long=-122.3667, elev=3, dated=30-SEP-11
  'KE16|San Martin, California, USA|27|43|ESE|', // lat=37.0833,long=-121.6000, elev=86, dated=30-SEP-11
  'KWVI|Watsonville, California, USA|27|44|SSE|', // lat=36.9333,long=-121.7833, elev=43, dated=30-SEP-11
  'KHAF|Half Moon Bay, California, USA|31|50|WNW|', // lat=37.5167,long=-122.5000, elev=21, dated=30-SEP-11
  'KHWD|Hayward, California, USA|28|44|N|', // lat=37.6667,long=-122.1167, elev=21, dated=30-SEP-11
  'KLVK|Livermore, California, USA|31|51|NNE|', // lat=37.7000,long=-121.8167, elev=117, dated=30-SEP-11
// list generated Sun, 27-Nov-2011 9:01pm PST at http://saratoga-weather.org/wxtemplates/find-metar.php
which are all for METAR near me with your own customized set.

Lastly, the Settings.php entry of

$SITE['EUwarningURL']    = 'http://www.meteoalarm.eu/index3.php?area=DK004&day=0&lang=en_UK';
should be replaced with the MeteoAlarm.eu URL for your location .. it is currently using the default of East Jutland, Denmark which is what is shipped with the defaults in the World template set.

I've added your site to the list of template sites too :)

Best regards,
Ken
kapo

Post by kapo »

Hello again...

Thanks for that big information. I made those changes in my site and.. unbelievebly they work!!! Meteoalarm and those stations nearby me.. But NOAA report dosen´t appear still?? What in a earth I should do..? And next problem is that I can´t add ssgauges link in that navigation bar left. I added the link in menubar :
<li><a href="wxssgauges.php" title="Gauges">Gauges</a></li>, but it dosen`t appear in homepge navigation left? I have a folder : "ssg" in Public_html and the scripts in that folder. Those gauges worked in my past template, but what next? I am asking a very polite, that you could be patient with me...I don´t want to disturb anyone too much...
This template is the template that I want to work perfectly with my station.